No Microsoft or install/uninstall programs

deborah0101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
Hello,

As of two months ago I am unable to connect to Microsoft.com, and therefore, unable to update software or troubleshoot this problem I am having via Microsoft support. I have done four complete spyware scans using Stopzilla, Microsoft Essentials, and Norton's. Prun.exe was found, and removed as were the registry keys associated with this Trojan. However, I am still unable to connect to Microsoft. I am also unable to install/uninstall programs such as Adobe, Java, all Microsoft .Net frames. My computer runs exceptionally fast after removing prun.exe, but... still have the above issues. I was told to change MTU, but I don't feel comfortable changing registry keys. I have NDIS driver that is not being used, I have wireless broadband connection, and don't know if this will resolve my above problem connecting with Microsoft. Any help would be appreciated.
Deborah

deborah0101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011

Yes, I am able to connect to other websites with no problem. Thank you for your prompt reply. I am going nuts trying to figure out the problem, and getting no where.

deborah0101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
I will do as you suggested in your malware guide.

emerald: changing the proxy was one of the first steps I took to remedy this situation. It did not help. If only it were so simple. I appreciate your help.

deborah0101

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
Okay, I did as you requested. Put system in safe mode and ran malwarebytes. Found 2 Trojan.ULPM.AOH, 2 Vundo.Z trojans, and 4 Security Shield adwares. Removed them all, and repaired registry. Still no Microsoft. However, I am grateful to have these severe malware removed from my system. Hopefully, you have another suggestion? Thank you for alerting me to the virus's and adware.
Deborah