glencharles

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
Hey everyone, im running an amd phenom ii x3 720be on an asus m4a79xtd evo mobo and im wondering about some temp readings im getting in hw monitor

tmpin0 reads 26 idle and 29 load calculating pi to a million digits in 23 seconds, as well tmpin1 reads 22 idle and 22 load. I assume tmpin0 is the processor and the tmpin1 is part of the mobo? im not sure

then my core temps read from 16 idle to 25 load running pi to a million digits as well

I actually bumped the multiplier up to 15 so im running at 3.0ghz on stock cooling

these temps seem really low and im tempted to bump up the multiplier even more to see what I can get out of this.

For the record I also have an antec300 with no additional fans, temps are running with the top+back fan on medium. I plan to get a better heatsink and a fan in the front when I have the funds :lol: I do know that I have to put it through more rigorous tests than superpi, but even still the temps seem awefully low.

thanks

edit::

ran superpi again with 8 million digits, all three cores maxed out at a peak of 30 degrees with messenger, ie, and steam downloading while calculating for a total of 4m42s, tmpin0 hit 33 degrees and tmpin1 remained the same