Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Mainboard

dizney23

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
Hi everyone!

I need help. I am new to overclocking and I dont understand a thing most of you are talking about. I am terribe at math and I have a hard time understanding the technical terms. I have the following:

i7-920 Processor
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Mainboard
CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 * PC3-12800 4GB Kit 9-9-9-24 240pin DIMM

And I would like to overclock it to 3.2ghz or some speed that wont require me getting a cpu cooler. Can someone help me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!!

festerovic

Distinguished
welcome, dizney23, I appreciate you enthusiasm to learn how to overclock. However, it is knowledge built on other knowledge that gives a person the ability to overclock successfully. There is no magical one way to do it, because there are lots of parts with different specs and tolerances.

For that reason, please read this thread, even though you are not techie or good at math (which will make it harder to learn all this stuff, no doubt):

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253365-29-core-overclocking-guide

Once you have given this a shot, you can ask specific questions about what you don't understand. You will get WAY more help that way then hope someone wants to power cram a bunch of technical stuff in your head.