lewbaseball07

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
Alright so my father is a die hard mac, graphic designer. He doesnt know anything about computers. Thats why he likes macs. He says "all my fonts are on my mac and i need them, there incompatible with a pc, and pcs suck". Hes one of those, a mac is not a computer its actually alien technology that apple created :pt1cable: , you know, the people who think the hardware inside a mac is totally different from a pc.

So, His lease is almost up on his imac g5. So, he asked when should i lease my new mac. I told him to wait for i7 to be released on mac. Apple is virtually unpredictable when they will undate thier machines. God damn they still have hd2600 on there best edition imac.........THERE SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :ouch:

So, I presented him with the idea of building him a pc and putting leopard on it. I could build him a 800 dollar computer that would be 800 times better than a e7200 and hd2600 in his "top of the line" imac. He says he is not comfortable with doing this as drivers and what not.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this? I know people do it all the time, just wondering if its actually worth doing it. Maybe we could get pc drivers running in something like wine on leopard.

wonderingwhatis

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
I have JAS OSX running on my PC and it was a bitch to get setup.

In the end I had to run it on a separate IDE drive as I couldn't get ANY version to run on a SATA drive.
Also (I set mine up about 1 year ago so things may have changed) you cant run whatever you want in terms of vid card and mobo, so you have to do some heavy research before you buy if that is going to be the computers main use.