Running 2 Copies of Galaxies at once

Hi guys, I caught an old thread that says you can run more than 1 copy of
Galaxies at the same time. I've tried setting up the options.cfg file to allow
it. It's not working for me though, something isn't right in what I'm doing.

Would somebody mind reposting detailed,
for-idiots-like-me-who-can't-seem-to-get-their-head-unstuck-from-their-own-ass,
step by step instructions? Please and thanks very much. :)
16 answers Last reply
More about running copies galaxies once
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Kalheka" <kalheka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys, I caught an old thread that says you can run more than 1 copy
    of
    > Galaxies at the same time. I've tried setting up the options.cfg file
    to allow
    > it. It's not working for me though, something isn't right in what I'm
    doing.

    > Would somebody mind reposting detailed,

    for-idiots-like-me-who-can't-seem-to-get-their-head-unstuck-from-their-o
    wn-ass,
    > step by step instructions? Please and thanks very much. :)

    I don't remember the exact heading or the option (I believe it is
    'allowMultipleInstances=1' without the single quotes), but I do know you
    have the wrong config file ;)

    Try making your changes in user.cfg and see if that does it for you.

    - Oalan
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Add this to the options.cfg file in your starwars directory:

    [SwgClient]
    allowMultipleInstances=TRUE
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Plastic Spectre" <res1up1m@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Add this to the options.cfg file in your starwars directory:
    >
    > [SwgClient]
    > allowMultipleInstances=TRUE

    But remember to make sure the file is write protected
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Been there, done that. Not working. Game says I already have a copy running.

    "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
    :
    : "Plastic Spectre" <res1up1m@verizon.net> wrote in message
    : news:3p0bn09547n1r59kl0232c2jjlrgee181k@4ax.com...
    : > Add this to the options.cfg file in your starwars directory:
    : >
    : > [SwgClient]
    : > allowMultipleInstances=TRUE
    : >
    : But remember to make sure the file is write protected
    :
    :
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    If you haven't already, try creating a new file called user.cfg with that
    information in it.

    Thanks

    The Bar-erras Clan
    Lowca Galaxy.

    > Been there, done that. Not working. Game says I already have a copy
    > running.
    >
    > "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
    > :
    > : "Plastic Spectre" <res1up1m@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > : news:3p0bn09547n1r59kl0232c2jjlrgee181k@4ax.com...
    > : > Add this to the options.cfg file in your starwars directory:
    > : >
    > : > [SwgClient]
    > : > allowMultipleInstances=TRUE
    > : >
    > : But remember to make sure the file is write protected
    > :
    > :

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On top of having that info in options.cfg or just let options alone?

    "Psyberowl" <owl@dmv.com> wrote in message
    : If you haven't already, try creating a new file called user.cfg with that
    : information in it.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    : The Bar-erras Clan
    : Lowca Galaxy.
    :
    : "Kalheka" <kalheka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    : news:1Pzdd.11264$Rf1.9815@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
    : > Been there, done that. Not working. Game says I already have a copy
    : > running.
    : >
    : > "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
    : > news:4175fe5f$0$59460$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
    : > :
    : > : "Plastic Spectre" <res1up1m@verizon.net> wrote in message
    : > : news:3p0bn09547n1r59kl0232c2jjlrgee181k@4ax.com...
    : > : > Add this to the options.cfg file in your starwars directory:
    : > : >
    : > : > [SwgClient]
    : > : > allowMultipleInstances=TRUE
    : > : >
    : > : But remember to make sure the file is write protected
    : > :
    : > :
    : >
    : >
    :
    :
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    I would leave the options alone. I never modified that file.

    Thanks

    The Bar-erras Clan
    Lowca Galaxy

    > On top of having that info in options.cfg or just let options alone?
    >
    > "Psyberowl" <owl@dmv.com> wrote in message
    > : If you haven't already, try creating a new file called user.cfg with
    > that
    > : information in it.
    > :
    > : Thanks
    > :
    > : The Bar-erras Clan
    > : Lowca Galaxy.
    > :
    > : "Kalheka" <kalheka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > : news:1Pzdd.11264$Rf1.9815@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
    > : > Been there, done that. Not working. Game says I already have a copy
    > : > running.
    > : >
    > : > "David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message
    > : > news:4175fe5f$0$59460$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
    > : > :
    > : > : "Plastic Spectre" <res1up1m@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > : > : news:3p0bn09547n1r59kl0232c2jjlrgee181k@4ax.com...
    > : > : > Add this to the options.cfg file in your starwars directory:
    > : > : >
    > : > : > [SwgClient]
    > : > : > allowMultipleInstances=TRUE
    > : > : >
    > : > : But remember to make sure the file is write protected
    > : > :
    > : > :
    > : >
    > : >
    > :
    > :

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Kalheka" <kalheka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Been there, done that. Not working. Game says I already have a copy
    running.

    Make sure you're not running the launchpad or the game when you make the
    modifications.
    Works perfectly for me.

    Wish SOE would actually support this feature so I don't have to keep
    removing and adding it when I want to make hardware option changes.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Sartori" <charlesbevels@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

    > "Kalheka" <kalheka@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Been there, done that. Not working. Game says I already have a copy
    > running.
    >
    > Make sure you're not running the launchpad or the game when you make the
    > modifications.
    > Works perfectly for me.
    >
    > Wish SOE would actually support this feature so I don't have to keep
    > removing and adding it when I want to make hardware option changes.

    And just like that, SOE breaks the command's function, either intentionally
    or by accident. If anyone wants to know how to run more than one account at
    the same time, please reply.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    See this Official forum for details why this is no longer working...
    http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Techsupport&message.id=188093

    Kajaako
    Ahazi
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    I too had the same problem..

    Here is the OFFICIAL reply from Sony.

    http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?
    board.id=Techsupport&message.id=188093
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    I hadn't had any problems until Publish 11 yesterday. The information in
    that post is correct...

    If you're not able to run multiple sessions, check the processes list if
    running Windows 2k/XP.
    You need to kill the SWGClient_Setup_r (may be named slighly different, I'm
    not at home) process.

    I assume it would be similar for Win98, but have no real way of checking.

    You can then start the 2nd Launchpad session successfully.

    Thanks

    The Bar-erras Clan
    Lowca Galaxy
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    I'm interested in getting 2 copies to run at once. It'd be a big help to me.

    :
[...]
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    still works fine for me and yes I patched up to 11.... was just using both a
    few minutes ago....

    "kajaako_ahazi" <swgfan@swg.com> wrote in message
    >I too had the same problem..
    >
    > Here is the OFFICIAL reply from Sony.
    >
    > http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?
    > board.id=Techsupport&message.id=188093

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:17:41 -0400, "Psyberowl" <owl@dmv.com> wrote:

    >I hadn't had any problems until Publish 11 yesterday. The information in
    >that post is correct...
    >
    >If you're not able to run multiple sessions, check the processes list if
    >running Windows 2k/XP.
    >You need to kill the SWGClient_Setup_r (may be named slighly different, I'm
    >not at home) process.
    >
    >I assume it would be similar for Win98, but have no real way of checking.
    >
    >You can then start the 2nd Launchpad session successfully.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >The Bar-erras Clan
    >Lowca Galaxy

    It still works for me, and yes, I've updated everything. I'm going to
    attach a copy of my optoins.cfg renamed to a text file
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Yes, they've pushed out a hot fix to correct the multiple clients issue. I
    think that went in on Friday or Saturday.

    Thanks

    The Bar-erras Clan
    Lowca Galaxy

    > On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:17:41 -0400, "Psyberowl" <owl@dmv.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I hadn't had any problems until Publish 11 yesterday. The information in
    >>that post is correct...
    >>
    >>If you're not able to run multiple sessions, check the processes list if
    >>running Windows 2k/XP.
    >>You need to kill the SWGClient_Setup_r (may be named slighly different,
    >>I'm
    >>not at home) process.
    >>
    >>I assume it would be similar for Win98, but have no real way of checking.
    >>
    >>You can then start the 2nd Launchpad session successfully.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>The Bar-erras Clan
    >>Lowca Galaxy
    >>
    > It still works for me, and yes, I've updated everything. I'm going to
    > attach a copy of my optoins.cfg renamed to a text file

Games Video Games