Windows Xp installation difficulties

TinyJim

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Hi, i have a little issue that I hope you gentle folks can solve for me. You see, I got a computer from a good pal of mine who decided my terrible Dell just wouldn't cut it anymore. I fixed it up a little bit and now I'm at a stand still. i reformatted the whole thing to rid it of his unnecessary files and whatnot so I could start fresh. So now I'm attempting to reinstall Windows XP but I keep getting a message saying "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer".

I'm running on a A7n8x-e motherboard and any help would be greatly appreciated.

nauidvr1

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2003
I have several of these same boards and this is what I do.

I use a program called nLite to slipstream in the SATA drivers. Do a google search on nLite - it free.

Install nlite, run the nLite program and insert your Windows CD, tell it you want to add drivers and (after downloading the ASUS SATA driver) point it to the driver. Then have it create you a new Windows XP install CD with your SATA Drivers already on the disc. Then you will not need a floppy ever again. You can also slipstream in all the Microsoft updates (like SP3 & IE7 - to name a few). This will make it much quicker to install XP and all your updates will already be loaded for you, and you will not have to go out to MS Update so many times, for hours & hours.

TRENDING THREADS