Paul Kuntz

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Hello,
My reader writer has lost connection since XP has been installed on our computer. Should I uninstall the embroidery software?? If, so do I need to install version 5 & 6?

Paul

I suspect that something has been lost in translation here.

1) What does your "reader writer" read and write - CDs, DVDs, magnetic tape, USB flash drives, the hard drive? A make and model might even be helpful.

2) "Embroidery software" is probably a mis-translation, unless you are doing needlepoint with your computer ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needlepoint ). To distinguish between the virtues of version 5 and 6, we need to know version 5 and 6 of what? Is this driver software from the manufacturer of the reader writer? Some program?

Also, since you lost connection since XP was installed, what was installed before? Did this computer used to run some other operating system like Windows 2000, or is it a new one that simply hasn't worked since the operating system was installed?

There is actually embrodery software out there that is basically a book with patterns except on the computer. I have a bad feeling about where this will end up heading. Paul, you may want to round up a friend that is computer savvy to take a look at the machine.