So i felt the need to OC my rig for shits and giggles yesterday. I have it @ 3.6 gigs with a 180x20 clock volts are @ 1.38 MAX TJ for the CPU is 99C right ? I ran prime95 for 45 mins and ran intels burn test on high MAX temp was 80C with IBT and 66C with prime95. Played CODWAW for like a hour and temps got to 60C this seems ok to me just looking for someone elses input on it.

Thanks nik

G

Is Intel Turbo still on? Disabled C1E? If it's going down I would think turbo was on (I had it happen to me) although it you manually set the FSB I don't know why it would be throttling. I think 1.38 is pretty high but thats just me. If your referring to voltage anyhow. The fact that I see constantly with these 750's is they are pretty warm chips. Especially oc'd!

G

And I don't mean to thread jack, but I too am having some toasty temps for my i5 750. I even went ahead and replaced my Coolermaster 212 Hyper + with my Corsair H50 from my Phenom 2 build and installed two high velocity (78 CFM) fans in a push/pull set up for the radiator. I am reasonably sure it's my case that is causing the issue. An older Antec Solo style case. Not really designed to handle the kind of temps OCing puts out. I have 2 92MM case fans cooling the hard drives in front and the aforementioned 120's acting as my intake. All I have left for exhaust is a little 80 MM hole on the side of the case (panel) and some perforations for video card cooling. Any suggestions for a better case on the cheap? I was considering a second antec 300, but wanted to get a consensus first. I am OC'd to 3.24 and with 1.26V and getting 68-69 in P95 max heat testing. I think it might go down a little after the AS5 settles, but not by a great deal.