azy

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004

Hi, I just have a question that may or may not be related to this NG. I have
win xp home (sp2)-
Is it possible to hook up a wireless connection in my dial up ISP?? Can I
buy those wireless cards and put them into 2 different pc's in my home and
'share' the dial up connection at the same time? sorry, but I am a newbie. I
know that I can do that with dsl or cable. but, with dial up?? I want to
share the same dial up connection at home. I dont think it is possible to
use it at the same time. but, I had to ask to see if there is anyway around
it without getting DSL or cable or another line. thanks and sorry if I am
out of line here.

That would be nice but wireless only works with broadband.

"Azy" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I just have a question that may or may not be related to this NG. I
> have win xp home (sp2)-
> Is it possible to hook up a wireless connection in my dial up ISP?? Can I
> buy those wireless cards and put them into 2 different pc's in my home and
> 'share' the dial up connection at the same time? sorry, but I am a newbie.
> I know that I can do that with dsl or cable. but, with dial up?? I want
> to share the same dial up connection at home. I dont think it is possible
> to use it at the same time. but, I had to ask to see if there is anyway
> around it without getting DSL or cable or another line. thanks and sorry
> if I am out of line here.

That is not true
To hook up wireless you first need a wireless router
You would need to then set each PC up with a static Ip like wise the router
Though it is sloooooooow but it will work

"Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> That would be nice but wireless only works with broadband.
>
> "Azy" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, I just have a question that may or may not be related to this NG. I
>> have win xp home (sp2)-
>> Is it possible to hook up a wireless connection in my dial up ISP?? Can I
>> buy those wireless cards and put them into 2 different pc's in my home
>> and 'share' the dial up connection at the same time? sorry, but I am a
>> newbie. I know that I can do that with dsl or cable. but, with dial up??
>> I want to share the same dial up connection at home. I dont think it is
>> possible to use it at the same time. but, I had to ask to see if there is
>> anyway around it without getting DSL or cable or another line. thanks and
>> sorry if I am out of line here.

How would a phone line be connected to the router? Is another piece of
equipment involved to handle the activities of a modem? (or is there an all
in one solution?)

"Keith AH" <Somebody@somewher.com> wrote in message
> That is not true
> To hook up wireless you first need a wireless router
> You would need to then set each PC up with a static Ip like wise the
> router
> Though it is sloooooooow but it will work
>
> "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> That would be nice but wireless only works with broadband.
>>
>> "Azy" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi, I just have a question that may or may not be related to this NG. I
>>> have win xp home (sp2)-
>>> Is it possible to hook up a wireless connection in my dial up ISP?? Can
>>> I buy those wireless cards and put them into 2 different pc's in my home
>>> and 'share' the dial up connection at the same time? sorry, but I am a
>>> newbie. I know that I can do that with dsl or cable. but, with dial up??
>>> I want to share the same dial up connection at home. I dont think it is
>>> possible to use it at the same time. but, I had to ask to see if there
>>> is anyway around it without getting DSL or cable or another line. thanks
>>> and sorry if I am out of line here.

"Azy" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
| Hi, I just have a question that may or may not be related to this NG. I
have
| win xp home (sp2)-
| Is it possible to hook up a wireless connection in my dial up ISP?? Can I
| buy those wireless cards and put them into 2 different pc's in my home and
| 'share' the dial up connection at the same time? sorry, but I am a newbie.
| know that I can do that with dsl or cable. but, with dial up?? I want to
| share the same dial up connection at home. I dont think it is possible to
| use it at the same time. but, I had to ask to see if there is anyway
around
| it without getting DSL or cable or another line. thanks and sorry if I am
| out of line here.

WiFlyer enables you to have a portable, shareable wireless connection on
either dialup or broadband.
http://www.wiflyer.com/StoreFront.bok

--
Doug

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

OK. I take my statement back. I did not know that specialized equipment
existed.