dial up & wireless

Hi, I just have a question that may or may not be related to this NG. I have
win xp home (sp2)-
Is it possible to hook up a wireless connection in my dial up ISP?? Can I
buy those wireless cards and put them into 2 different pc's in my home and
'share' the dial up connection at the same time? sorry, but I am a newbie. I
know that I can do that with dsl or cable. but, with dial up?? I want to
share the same dial up connection at home. I dont think it is possible to
use it at the same time. but, I had to ask to see if there is anyway around
it without getting DSL or cable or another line. thanks and sorry if I am
out of line here.
5 answers Last reply
More about dial wireless

    That would be nice but wireless only works with broadband.

    "Azy" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I just have a question that may or may not be related to this NG. I
    > have win xp home (sp2)-
    > Is it possible to hook up a wireless connection in my dial up ISP?? Can I
    > buy those wireless cards and put them into 2 different pc's in my home and
    > 'share' the dial up connection at the same time? sorry, but I am a newbie.
    > I know that I can do that with dsl or cable. but, with dial up?? I want
    > to share the same dial up connection at home. I dont think it is possible
    > to use it at the same time. but, I had to ask to see if there is anyway
    > around it without getting DSL or cable or another line. thanks and sorry
    > if I am out of line here.

    That is not true
    To hook up wireless you first need a wireless router
    You would need to then set each PC up with a static Ip like wise the router
    Though it is sloooooooow but it will work

    "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > That would be nice but wireless only works with broadband.
    >
    > "Azy" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I just have a question that may or may not be related to this NG. I
    >> have win xp home (sp2)-
    >> Is it possible to hook up a wireless connection in my dial up ISP?? Can I
    >> buy those wireless cards and put them into 2 different pc's in my home
    >> and 'share' the dial up connection at the same time? sorry, but I am a
    >> newbie. I know that I can do that with dsl or cable. but, with dial up??
    >> I want to share the same dial up connection at home. I dont think it is
    >> possible to use it at the same time. but, I had to ask to see if there is
    >> anyway around it without getting DSL or cable or another line. thanks and
    >> sorry if I am out of line here.

    How would a phone line be connected to the router? Is another piece of
    equipment involved to handle the activities of a modem? (or is there an all
    in one solution?)

    "Keith AH" <Somebody@somewher.com> wrote in message
    > That is not true
    > To hook up wireless you first need a wireless router
    > You would need to then set each PC up with a static Ip like wise the
    > router
    > Though it is sloooooooow but it will work
    >
    > "Dennis Marks" <denmarks@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> That would be nice but wireless only works with broadband.
    >>
    >> "Azy" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, I just have a question that may or may not be related to this NG. I
    >>> have win xp home (sp2)-
    >>> Is it possible to hook up a wireless connection in my dial up ISP?? Can
    >>> I buy those wireless cards and put them into 2 different pc's in my home
    >>> and 'share' the dial up connection at the same time? sorry, but I am a
    >>> newbie. I know that I can do that with dsl or cable. but, with dial up??
    >>> I want to share the same dial up connection at home. I dont think it is
    >>> possible to use it at the same time. but, I had to ask to see if there
    >>> is anyway around it without getting DSL or cable or another line. thanks
    >>> and sorry if I am out of line here.

    "Azy" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    | Hi, I just have a question that may or may not be related to this NG. I
    have
    | win xp home (sp2)-
    | Is it possible to hook up a wireless connection in my dial up ISP?? Can I
    | buy those wireless cards and put them into 2 different pc's in my home and
    | 'share' the dial up connection at the same time? sorry, but I am a newbie.
    | know that I can do that with dsl or cable. but, with dial up?? I want to
    | share the same dial up connection at home. I dont think it is possible to
    | use it at the same time. but, I had to ask to see if there is anyway
    around
    | it without getting DSL or cable or another line. thanks and sorry if I am
    | out of line here.

    WiFlyer enables you to have a portable, shareable wireless connection on
    either dialup or broadband.
    http://www.wiflyer.com/StoreFront.bok

    --
    Doug

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    OK. I take my statement back. I did not know that specialized equipment
    existed.

    "HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhist@shoesgmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Azy" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    > | Hi, I just have a question that may or may not be related to this NG. I
    > have
    > | win xp home (sp2)-
    > | Is it possible to hook up a wireless connection in my dial up ISP?? Can
    > | buy those wireless cards and put them into 2 different pc's in my home
    > and
    > | 'share' the dial up connection at the same time? sorry, but I am a
    > newbie.
    > | know that I can do that with dsl or cable. but, with dial up?? I want
    > | share the same dial up connection at home. I dont think it is possible
    > | use it at the same time. but, I had to ask to see if there is anyway
    > around
    > | it without getting DSL or cable or another line. thanks and sorry if I
    > am
    > | out of line here.
    >

    > WiFlyer enables you to have a portable, shareable wireless connection on
    > either dialup or broadband.
    > http://www.wiflyer.com/StoreFront.bok
    >
    > --
    > Doug
    >
    > I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    > I was just trying to help.
    > Please use your own best judgment before implementing any suggestions or
    > advice herein.
    > No warranty is expressed or implied.
    > Your mileage may vary.
    > See store for details. :)
    >
    > Remove shoes to E-mail.

Wireless Internet Service Providers Dial Up Connection Windows XP