Sign in with
Your question

Hi, I have 2 HDs in RAID0, how can I connect them to another computer?

Last response: in Storage
February 3, 2010 9:46:04 AM

Hi everyone.

I bought one Lacie Ethernet Big Disk, I think the term is NAS. But now my device is broken(the circuits dont work, but I think HDs still work) and I want to recover my data. So I opened the device and there are 2 Hard disks 750Gb on raid 0..., the raid0 is done and oviously there is not Operative System.

I dont know how can i conect them to my computer (1 normal HD with xp64), I have found lots of tutorials but none talks how to connect one RAID 0 "done" to normal computer.

I connected the HDs to my computer and I cant access to them, but I can see them.

(a) Can I have 1 HD without RAID and other 2 HD on RAID 0 connected?

(b) There is any program I can use?

(c) Should I configure something in BIOS?, I read about block size, ther is one standard or someway to know it?

Thank everyone.
February 3, 2010 10:55:49 AM

a RAID ( AID) 0 array cannot be transferred from one controller to another that I am aware of.. unless things have changed recently and I am not up to speed ( but I don't think so) you would need to repair the nas or get an identical unit. however, if you can manage to find out which raid controller the nas uses, there is a chance if you buy the exact same controller to be able to initialize the raid array on your pc
Related resources
!