Changing parallel port Lpt3 to Lpt1? (solved)

thecpu

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
I´m havig trouble changing parallel ports on windows xp, the motherboard has a built in SPP (standar parallel port) but i´m not using it, so i decided to buy a Pci card with a serial parallel port and 2 com ports, in order to make my old Cannon Scanner FB630P work.
While im on service pack 3 after installing drivers for the pci card it recognizes it and the ports too, but im not able to change the pci lpt3 port to lpt1 because the lpt1 is beeing used by the onboard one.
The pci lpt port is set to automatic settings so i cannot change it (it´s on grey) there is a way to turn off automatic settings for this port?
P.S: the onboard printer lpt1 onboard i can change it without a problem not the same twith the oci card
Any solution?

thecpu

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011

What i am triying to do is install and old Scanner CanoScan FB630P in my system, i have been working with it perfectly in windows XP after changing the printer port, but now im getting much trouble (after reinstalling all my system)
When i disable the onboard port the problem still.
I have Dual boot, WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS 7 in windows XP i am not even able to change port settings, it´s set to automatic and there is no option to change the LPT port, in windows 7 i am able to change the port form LPT3 to LPT1 but the scanner is not detected.

thecpu

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Well this is actually solved, what i did:
-Removed the pci and com ports (uninstalled)
-Restarted windows
-After the new hardware found hit cancel and installed tho ones form the CD (IO_cards)
After this point i was able to change the LPT ports as well to LPT1 and if other changed it to LPT3 or above in order to not conflict with the LPT1
-Installed (overwritten) the CanoScan software again
It worked at least
Scanner recognized, let´s see if that workd with windows 7...