Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking my q9000

Last response: in Overclocking
November 23, 2009 5:02:50 PM

What is the easiest way to OC my q9000?
I don't want to go too crazy, if I can get 2.2 out of it I will be happy. I just have a few games that run better on dual core than quad, and would like to get a little better performance out of them!
I have an Asus g72gx

I have heard Setfsb is good, but am new to the the laptop thing, and wanted to know if there was an easier way to do it.
And also, what is the best software for undervolting? I used to use RMclock, but it doesn't seem to want to run on this machine.

Thanks in advance for any info!

More about : overclocking q9000

a c 227 à CPUs
a c 105 K Overclocking
November 23, 2009 5:45:49 PM

Laptops have to deal with heat much more than desktops ( and battery life ) so do not overclock well if at all.

Overclocking works best when done through the BIOS but in the case of laptops they are usually locked. You might be able to use a software overclock of some kind but I really wouldnt recommend it. You would have to be really careful monitoring heat levels.
m
l
November 23, 2009 6:03:46 PM

No overclocking for you. Asus has spoken.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G72GX-Gaming-N...

"This time, Asus has foregone on a turbo mode that provides for a CPU overclocking in the G72GX. A smart decision if you look at the temperatures under load (more about this in the "Emissions" part)."

Just because you don't like my answer doesn't mean it's wrong.
m
l
Related resources
November 24, 2009 1:19:30 AM

I was also wanting to do some overclocking to my Q9000. You had said no for him, but i have a Alienware M17x which gives me the chance to work with the bios. I don't want to go to the extreme but just a little faster before everything else is loaded up on my computer. It was a replacement from dell.
m
l
a c 227 à CPUs
a c 105 K Overclocking
November 24, 2009 3:57:01 AM

Its still all about heat in a laptop.
If BIOS allows you to you can at least try though just make sure you dont let it get to hot.
Also its better to start a new thread if you wanted advice. More people will look at it that way.
m
l
November 24, 2009 12:24:46 PM

To MrWenzel... I'd set some sort of alert so if your temps cross into some dangerous territory while you're gaming it'll audibly alert you. If your BIOS gives you the option to OC, surely you have a little OC'n room... just expect more noise/heat and understand the risks before jumping in head first.
m
l
!