pls help my friends about quad core info

lifess

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
this question ask our theacher "WHY QUAD CORE COMPUTING IS LOGICAL WAY FORWARD??" pls help and ""HOW , FOR EXAMPLE, CAN MULTI PROCESSING AND OUT OF SEQUENCE INSTRUCTIONS BE MANAGED?" i wait as soon as thank all my friends.........

html33

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
I personally think, before you learn about computers learn about your own language. Then you will be able to start somewhere.

lifess

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
i study english my friend and i search any information about quad core but i m not any idea about this question and i cant find and i registered this forum if you have any idea i wanna know pls ok ....

allhands

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
well clearly you need more studying since you question is incomprehensible. However I will try to translate for you so people can understand it. (of course I'm doing my best guess here)

How will multi core processing evolve processor technology and is this a logical way forward as compared to other techniques such as higher clock rates, larger cache etc.
responses are appreciated.

lifess

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
this question is our theachers sentences .. really not my question :) but thank you my friend i hope we will
find an answer

LOL Holy cow! I understand you're studying English, but you're difficult to understand. I'd suggest finding a computer forum in your native language and asking the question there. Probably more likely to get the assistance you need.

And since you're learning English (and therefore need to understand how we actually use our language) don't say "my friend". Americans don't actually say that. That's an immediate flag that you're not American. ;) Hope that helps a bit! You might even teach your English teacher that one.

Multi core processing is the logical way forward because the other approaches tried so far have failed. For example higher clock rates don't work any more because the CPUs would overheat and melt. There are ways around this, involving new materials and smaller transistors, but it takes a lot of time and money to make progress in this area.

Larger cache helps up to some point, but it's expensive and doesn't really improve speed that much after a certain size.

Another approach that was tried and didn't do so well was RISC. That was basically an architecture with very simple instructions that can be executed easily and fast. This worked fine for some applications, but doesn't work for PCs because it's not x86 compatible.

^ :lol: you beat me to it.

Multi threading will benefit from a quad core, say for example a CAD program. You can have one thread taking care of user inputs, another doing calculations, and another thread doing some thing else each on a separate core.

Another reason is in order to achieve smiler results as a multi core CPU you'll have to make a single core CPU faster. Remember the P4 vz. X2? You eventually hit a thermal/heat wall.

lifess

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
pls dont argue with me of course i know i m not american but i try to find answer if you know something about this question you can share thats all...

lifess

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
i cant understand my teacher ... he said intel texas or amd havent got any answer about this questions :S but he asked us i cant understand of course i found any documents about quad core and processors . and i wanna learn your ideas . thank you for ideas and im waiting any ideas

hairycat101

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007
I'm tempted to stay out of this... I probably should stay out of this. The simple answer is that software is starting to take advantage of multiple cores or multiple CPU's. CAD... especially 3D rendering is starting to take advantage of this as well as encoding for videos and picture filtering. Multiple cores take different aspects of the total equasion and exicute that portion while the other cores do their part seperately. That do it?

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005

Try to run a large SAP system on x86's... Or a large Oracle database.

daskrabbe

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008

Seems like an odd request to a random guy on the Internet.