Sign in with
Your question

Asus P5Q boards, What are the differences?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 25, 2008 9:19:54 AM

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
GPU : BFG GeForce GTX 260 OC Maxcore
RAM : Corsair XMS2 1066 Dominator 4GB Kit

I got really confused when it came to picking a mother board. I've narrowed it down to the P5Q because alot of other good mobos I've seen suggested for overclocking are not easy to come by where I live.

So what are the differences between all these p5q boards? Will they all overclock the same for my setup?

If you wouldn't mind doing a quick search on this site for p5q boards and let me know which one is the best value and will overclock nicely with my setup.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/

Thanks Alot
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b K Overclocking
a c 135 V Motherboard
December 25, 2008 4:59:03 PM

The main difference is the cooling that they have and some extra ports nothing much.
December 28, 2008 12:25:43 PM

There are allot of difference in this range.

Different amount and speeds for the PCI-E ports, the most fancy version allowing quad crossfire (use for AEHD4850/4870 cards, which for this board might be a better option then the Nvidea).

ASUS P5Q Deluxe [90-MIB4G0-G0EAY00Z]
ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP@n [90-MIB4H1-G0EAY00Z]

THe Q3 is more expensive but has these more option... and with only a little price different, I would go for this option, as it will enable more future options if in a few years, you need some upgrading.

January 6, 2009 11:14:00 AM

A word of warning.

The P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi is very fussy about what memory sticks are put in it. I had a nightmare when I built on this board last Autumn. Many forums have threads about this. Make sure you pick something from the QVL list on the Asus website or you'll go nowhere fast.

That having been said, since I got the right memory it's been great.
!