How Resilient are computer parts to damage?

cmf0106

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
How Resilient are computer parts to damage? I started working on my PC today and im paranoid that I have ruined it already. I feel this way partly because I’ve handled components more than I would have liked to, and while working inside the case I dropped a small screw driver on the motherboard twice. Should I worry about my PC functioning correctly, or does it take a lot more than that to damage it IE water or static shock?

Also in the event that a part is damaged how would I know, would that specific park possibly not even work at all?

You are fine. Take a deep breath and go have a beer or something. Water does not damage a motherboard... powering up a motherboard while it's wet does.

You would have to drop a large screw driver from 3 feet so that it landed point first to seriously damage a board. If you are that clumsy you should not be assembling a computer.

G

hehe small screw driver?

i was building a comp and friend came over and handed me a big screw driver... wasn't paying attention and dropped it.... point first on the board....

no damage what so ever... now that doesn't mean its safe to do that but that they can take a lot... or maybe i was just lucky =D