Sign in with
Your question

The Nvidia 9500 GT can be used as a Physx card with a 9800 GTX?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 28, 2008 1:54:31 PM

This article shows, unless I read wrong, that the 9500 GT can be run as a physx card, and be used to increase the frame rates dramatically when paired witha 9800 GTX with a PhysX game.

Check it out: (keep in mind I'm exhausted, I haven't slept in 34 hours because my damn cold (throat kills)):p 

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews.php?reviewid=633&pa...
a b U Graphics card
September 28, 2008 2:13:14 PM

to bad i cant dedicate one weak card for physics. im already doing sli and i cant add a 3rd card for physics yet. =[
Hope u get well soon.
September 28, 2008 2:36:02 PM

yeah it would be cool to run my 9500GT with 2 high end cards for the physX. Far Cry 2 uses the Physx:p 

Related resources
a c 173 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
September 28, 2008 2:41:10 PM

Nice. AMD and Nvidia both used to talk about using old cards for Physics, its nice to see at least one side finally do it. One of the problems with the PhysX card was although it increased effects, it cut down on frame rates. It looks like Nvidia can do both. I wonder if AMD will ever get this ability?

Now if we could finally get motherboard manufacters to stop using 1x slots and put in only 16x slots... We then wouldn't have to buy special motherboards. (unless the 9500GT needs all 16 PCIe lanes.)
September 28, 2008 2:44:02 PM

invisik said:
to bad i cant dedicate one weak card for physics. im already doing sli and i cant add a 3rd card for physics yet. =[
Hope u get well soon.

4745454b said:
Nice. AMD and Nvidia both used to talk about using old cards for Physics, its nice to see at least one side finally do it. One of the problems with the PhysX card was although it increased effects, it cut down on frame rates. It looks like Nvidia can do both. I wonder if AMD will ever get this ability?

Now if we could finally get motherboard manufacters to stop using 1x slots and put in only 16x slots... We then wouldn't have to buy special motherboards. (unless the 9500GT needs all 16 PCIe lanes.)

You can always get a dedicated Ageia Physx card running off pciex1 or pci. :p 
a b U Graphics card
September 28, 2008 2:50:05 PM

to much money for my taste. might as well wait for drivers to improve then pick up a cheap 50$ card to run physics.
=]
September 28, 2008 2:59:59 PM

Now if we could finally get motherboard manufacters to stop using 1x slots and put in only 16x slots... We then wouldn't have to buy special motherboards. (unless the 9500GT needs all 16 PCIe lanes.) said:

true^ :) 

although I would like to see more spaced out Motherboards:p  alot of which are crammed together.

1 more thing, every motherboard should come with external Audio card, and an onboard GPU (that can be disabled) for SLI Hybrid, or just Hybrid purposes.:) 

Would help cost + performance:D 
!