9600gt 512 Frame rates Dropong in game play!!

Smoke33

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2008
Ok yall I need some help in a bad way! I just went out and bought a

Asus m2n-mx se plus motherboard
AMD 6000+ CPU
9600GT 512 EVGA Graph. card
2G stick of DDR2 ram
SATA 250g Hard Drive
A CoolMaster 500w Powersupply

and I and haveing frame rates drop from 110 to 2 and 3 fps, for a few sec. then back to 100+ and then only to drop again.
I have nothing running in background and also I have the Latest Drivers for Card,motherboard,chipsets, bios,
but nothing seem to help.
My temps are

Card........noload=46c............Load=57c to 68c

CPU.........38c to 40c no matter what I do.

games I am running are Nascar2003, BF2, World Of Warcraft, Madden 2007, Nba live 2007, and Thief.

Please someone help me, EVGA said they would replace the card if I thought it was a heat issue.

krazyk12

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
i had a similar problem, but mine were drops, it was overall bad performance.

I did run mem test, and didnt find anything, replaced my ram, seemed to help a bit, but didnt fix the problem completely.

my porblem was actually 1 of my 12v's werent fully plugged in (IDK how, im certified and it slipped past me)

While it most likely isnt your problem check it. Also while i think it is being coolermaster, make sure your 12v is rated for 20amps.

and its always better to go for a 2x1 that a straight 2gb stick of ram.

Smoke33

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2008
Ok I took the side of the case off and put a house fan on it and the jerking went away. I am running 3 fans on my case with what I think is good air flow.
I tried a ATI X800pro and had the same issues.
Please some one help
The 2g stick of rams is all I have, if it was bad I would crash right?
I did a fresh copy of windows

Technomancer

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Totally a necro post, but what the heck. The problem is most likely your voltage regulators for the CPU. I've got the same motherboard in my system and had the same problem. The solution is to simply add a fan to the system tha blows directly onto the voltage regulators.

Here's a link to an excellent article on this very same problem --> http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=95179

Hope that gets you up and running!

-Rob

Technomancer

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Ahh yes but I did read the dates, as I mentioned in my post it was a necro post. I decided to post for the reason that this issue has been plaguing many, many people and if, like me, they stumble accross it by googling, they'll have found a solution :)