Artic Silver 5 vs V8 Thermal Paste

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
If anybody has a Cooler Master V8, please help.
I keep forgetting to ask but when I got my V8, it came with some kind of thermal paste inside the box with it, it says cooler master thermal compound on it, i never really thought about it as i already bought Artic Silver 5 as my seperate thermal paste from newegg, here is the exact one i bought:
Artic Silver 5 Thermal Compound from Newegg
Well I am using that thermal paste but I was wondering is the one that the V8 comes with better then this one?...is it good at all, how would you compare them. Just very curious. The AC5 has done a great job, i get 29-30Idleing on my 920 at stock with fans turned down almost completely. And even cooler when fans are turned up. Any opinons would really be helpful.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
I mean...what do you think should I give the CM thermal paste a try, i am idling at 28-30C with AS5 so it seems like its doing an excellent job. I dont feel like buying others but the if anybody has a CM V8 and has used its thermal paste please tell me :). Or maybe I can just cut off the copper plate from the stock heatsink and put it onto the V8?...just kidding about that but is its possible?

marvin88

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Hey dude, if u are still around..
I got my v8 with i7-930, asus p6x58d, CM 932 casing a month ago.
The system idles at 40c at stock speed, how did u make it to 30c??
"pray that u are still around"

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Marvin, you didn't mention ambient air temps, overclocks, fans in the case, or yuo choice of paste.

You get better fans for the V8 yet? Try a reseat of your CPU with fresh TIM application?

Your AUTO settings vs his on the Mobo could be a difference.

Basically, too many variables, read, learn, do what you can.