Sign in with
Your question

I have a ga-ep45-ud3p and i have the power error please help!

Last response: in Motherboards
December 25, 2008 6:37:09 PM

what happend was that a plug melted in dvd drive and my mobo started to give me the power error beep :fou:  and i tried a lot of things but it wont help!! please tell me what i should do or if i should rma it help much appreciated!!!!!!!

More about : ep45 ud3p power error

December 25, 2008 6:58:16 PM

plug melted in the dvd drive....sounds like some things got fried. You will have to get a new psu (get a quality brand like corsair, pc power and cooling, ocz, etc to avoid this happening again) and hope that it didn't take any other components with it. If you get a new psu you can check the rest of the components with it but i wouldn't be surprised if your mobo etc got fried.
December 25, 2008 7:04:34 PM

yeah i think my mobo is fried and i just got it today and im almost in tears!!! i guess ill have to buy a new psu and rma the mobo.
Related resources
a c 177 V Motherboard
December 26, 2008 2:08:47 PM

Here is a link to an inexpensive power supply tester:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Unless the plug that melted was the actual IDE conector, and not the 4-pin molex supplying it power (and I don't see how that could happen), it's probably unlikely that you fried your MOBO; much more likely that your power supply is cooked.
December 26, 2008 4:02:22 PM

Get a new psu and check everything else (like the mobo) before throwing money away on things that may or may not be dead.
December 26, 2008 4:49:23 PM

yeah my psu is totally fried but i checked my mobo and its fine cuz i used my freinds psu and the mobo is fine but im getting the corsair 750wtx psu
December 26, 2008 4:50:19 PM

that is a solid psu, should last you for a good long while and not melt on you ;) 
December 26, 2008 5:06:15 PM

thx for the help guys :D 
!