Trident Video Accelerator can't start (Code10)

I have installed Trident Video Acceleraor from an old CPU to PCI Slot#2
of my Intel P4,this device can't start.I run windows update driver,but
it is said installed driver don't need further update.
Following is my driver details:
D:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tgiult5.sys
D:\Windows\System32\tgiul50.dll
File Ver:5.1.2462.0015(Released Binaries 0103081115).

I read further details written on card:
Trident Main Chip(TGUI 9680-1,E CBB 01,MAL 26,9748/47TRTU)
On Card's back side:KY2 TVGA96PCI,Tested to comply with FCC.
Serial#/Barcode?:TV57 8236539

I want to know why its not starting?Any idea pls?

I am using Windows XP SP2,want to use this card as secondary.If
not,will I unistall primary video card and activate secondary one
atleast to check it's performance?

Are you trying to run this as a secondary video card?

If so, it may not work as a secondary video card due to hardware limitations
(unlike Win9x, WinNT based OS have tighter video card requirements for use
as a secondary video card).

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Thaqalain" <saqlain92110@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have installed Trident Video Acceleraor from an old CPU to PCI Slot#2
> of my Intel P4,this device can't start.I run windows update driver,but
> it is said installed driver don't need further update.
> Following is my driver details:
> D:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tgiult5.sys
> D:\Windows\System32\tgiul50.dll
> File Ver:5.1.2462.0015(Released Binaries 0103081115).
>
> I read further details written on card:
> Trident Main Chip(TGUI 9680-1,E CBB 01,MAL 26,9748/47TRTU)
> On Card's back side:KY2 TVGA96PCI,Tested to comply with FCC.
> Serial#/Barcode?:TV57 8236539
>
> I want to know why its not starting?Any idea pls?

What about trying to access into motherboard's BIOS and look for a
setting like "Primary Display", "Primary VGA", etc. The settings are
typically something like "AGP/Onboard" and "PCI". Try setting to
"PCI".
This will make the Trident card my new primary VGA, and maybe the
onboard Intel graphics(Intel(R)82845G/GL Graphics
Controller,Video BIOS Version 2759) will work its way around the
Trident.

That card is so old, I would not be surprised if it had hardware limitations
that prevented it from being a secondary video card (you'd get the code 10
error). I've had this issue with ATI video cards that are superior to your
card (i.e. the ATI Rage64).

See here for a list of the lowest generation of video cards required for
multimonitor support in Windows XP.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307397

As you can se, there are no old trident desktop cards that will work as
secondary video cards.

--

>I am using Windows XP SP2,want to use this card as secondary.If
> not,will I unistall primary video card and activate secondary one
> atleast to check it's performance?

One thing you could try...

Assuming your primary video card can work as a secondary video card, set
your trident card to be the primary card instead.

That said, I'd still recommend you drop $50 on a video card that will work
as a secondary display.

--

"Gary Tsang" <gtsangDELETE@MEaumha.org> wrote in message
> That card is so old, I would not be surprised if it had hardware
> limitations that prevented it from being a secondary video card (you'd get
> the code 10 error). I've had this issue with ATI video cards that are
> superior to your card (i.e. the ATI Rage64).
>
> See here for a list of the lowest generation of video cards required for
> multimonitor support in Windows XP.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307397
>
> As you can se, there are no old trident desktop cards that will work as
> secondary video cards.
>
> --
> Gary Tsang
> Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>

> "Thaqalain" <saqlain92110@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I am using Windows XP SP2,want to use this card as secondary.If
>> not,will I unistall primary video card and activate secondary one
>> atleast to check it's performance?

That's basically what I said (in not so much words).