Trident Video Accelerator can't start (Code10)

I have installed Trident Video Acceleraor from an old CPU to PCI Slot#2
of my Intel P4,this device can't start.I run windows update driver,but
it is said installed driver don't need further update.
Following is my driver details:
D:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tgiult5.sys
D:\Windows\System32\tgiul50.dll
File Ver:5.1.2462.0015(Released Binaries 0103081115).

I read further details written on card:
Trident Main Chip(TGUI 9680-1,E CBB 01,MAL 26,9748/47TRTU)
On Card's back side:KY2 TVGA96PCI,Tested to comply with FCC.
Serial#/Barcode?:TV57 8236539

I want to know why its not starting?Any idea pls?
6 answers Last reply
More about trident video accelerator start code10

    I am using Windows XP SP2,want to use this card as secondary.If
    not,will I unistall primary video card and activate secondary one
    atleast to check it's performance?

    Are you trying to run this as a secondary video card?

    If so, it may not work as a secondary video card due to hardware limitations
    (unlike Win9x, WinNT based OS have tighter video card requirements for use
    as a secondary video card).

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Thaqalain" <saqlain92110@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have installed Trident Video Acceleraor from an old CPU to PCI Slot#2
    > of my Intel P4,this device can't start.I run windows update driver,but
    > it is said installed driver don't need further update.
    > Following is my driver details:
    > D:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tgiult5.sys
    > D:\Windows\System32\tgiul50.dll
    > File Ver:5.1.2462.0015(Released Binaries 0103081115).
    >
    > I read further details written on card:
    > Trident Main Chip(TGUI 9680-1,E CBB 01,MAL 26,9748/47TRTU)
    > On Card's back side:KY2 TVGA96PCI,Tested to comply with FCC.
    > Serial#/Barcode?:TV57 8236539
    >
    > I want to know why its not starting?Any idea pls?

    What about trying to access into motherboard's BIOS and look for a
    setting like "Primary Display", "Primary VGA", etc. The settings are
    typically something like "AGP/Onboard" and "PCI". Try setting to
    "PCI".
    This will make the Trident card my new primary VGA, and maybe the
    onboard Intel graphics(Intel(R)82845G/GL Graphics
    Controller,Video BIOS Version 2759) will work its way around the
    Trident.

    That card is so old, I would not be surprised if it had hardware limitations
    that prevented it from being a secondary video card (you'd get the code 10
    error). I've had this issue with ATI video cards that are superior to your
    card (i.e. the ATI Rage64).

    See here for a list of the lowest generation of video cards required for
    multimonitor support in Windows XP.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307397

    As you can se, there are no old trident desktop cards that will work as
    secondary video cards.

    --

    >I am using Windows XP SP2,want to use this card as secondary.If
    > not,will I unistall primary video card and activate secondary one
    > atleast to check it's performance?

    One thing you could try...

    Assuming your primary video card can work as a secondary video card, set
    your trident card to be the primary card instead.

    That said, I'd still recommend you drop $50 on a video card that will work
    as a secondary display.

    --

    "Gary Tsang" <gtsangDELETE@MEaumha.org> wrote in message
    > That card is so old, I would not be surprised if it had hardware
    > limitations that prevented it from being a secondary video card (you'd get
    > the code 10 error). I've had this issue with ATI video cards that are
    > superior to your card (i.e. the ATI Rage64).
    >
    > See here for a list of the lowest generation of video cards required for
    > multimonitor support in Windows XP.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307397
    >
    > As you can se, there are no old trident desktop cards that will work as
    > secondary video cards.
    >
    > --
    > Gary Tsang
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >

    > "Thaqalain" <saqlain92110@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>I am using Windows XP SP2,want to use this card as secondary.If
    >> not,will I unistall primary video card and activate secondary one
    >> atleast to check it's performance?

    That's basically what I said (in not so much words).

    --

    > What about trying to access into motherboard's BIOS and look for a
    > setting like "Primary Display", "Primary VGA", etc. The settings are
    > typically something like "AGP/Onboard" and "PCI". Try setting to
    > "PCI".
    > This will make the Trident card my new primary VGA, and maybe the
    > onboard Intel graphics(Intel(R)82845G/GL Graphics
    > Controller,Video BIOS Version 2759) will work its way around the
    > Trident.

Video Trident System32 Windows XP