Is this deal too good to be true?

The second one is specific for Dell computers and you can't use it in normal computers. If you don't have a Dell and you just want to make your own build definitely don't get that one.

The Silencer 610W is a very good PSU and $70 is a crazy low price for it. If it's enough for your setup then go for it.

It is a good deal! The PC P&C 610 is a highly recommended power supply. The unit gets very favorable comments from the regulars who post here. The $99.00 price ($69.00 after mail in rebate) is a special promotion which ends today.

There will be more bargains and specials this week, especially on Black Friday - The day after the Thanksgiving Day holiday in the USA.

ipoopfool

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
hmmm. so the second is for dell only? how'd I miss that?
Also, I thought that sites like newegg do cyber monday, and that only certain things were cheaper, not evrything

You didn't miss it. The psu case is 10mm shorter to fit in a Dell pc case. The internal parts, connections, and cables are the same as the standard length unit. You can still use it in an atx case without any problems. It will just take up 10mm less space in an atx case.

ipoopfool

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
aw but this sucks, I don't know when I will be getting all my computer parts. I don't want to miss all these savings thought.... =(

ipoopfool

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
I just meant I like the prices. They are as low as I've ever seen, for some high quality parts.

No idea if they're suitable for your build since you didn't tell us your build. BTW, the link to your wish list won't work. I think it's a private wish list.

Still no luck, sorry. Just paste the names of the parts.

So, you've got a WD6400AAKS, E7200, HD 4850, Antec 900, 22" monitor, and you're thinking of a 500W PSU. That's powerful enough (minimum recommendations 450W.)

If your MB supports Crossfire, you should get something 550W or larger.

Can you spend $20 more and get the PC Power & Cooling 610W? That's a tier 1 PSU (the smaller PC P&C's are tier 2), supports Crossfire, has a better chance to be reusable with your next PC or video card. At $60 with free shipping it's an incredible price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703005

Decisions, decisions.... You can always get a decent PSU for $60. OK, it won't be a PC P&C, it will be a StealthXstream or Earthwatts. Those are still fine PSUs. You'll be OK either way. Flip a coin.

unclefester

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
I got my 610 on 9-21, no shipping 69 bones after $25 rebate.
Still waiting (infamous OCZ rebate program....) You may want to read
reviews. And if you go with PC Power & Cooling read the rebate requirements carefully.