Nvidia or ATI?

ttc26

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2008
Why? I am a bit lost, I was thinking of getting the Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT graphics card, I would like to get a graphics card around that sorta price. So, Nvidia or ATI? Why? Lost here. Thanks to all the tech pros!

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
What games will you be playing? What resolution? What model PSU do you have?

No point in getting a 9600GT when you can get a faster 8800GT for the same price (not counting MIRs here).

If you want something a little faster than that the HD4850 is a great card for about $50 more.

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
This is a stupid question. All your answers will be by people that like the brand they use. Both brands are good, if you can't make up your own mind on what to buy then you shouldn't be buying.

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007

That's a silly comment. It is not fanboyish to state that ATI has the upper hand right now. Even so I find myself recommending NVIDIA cards on occasion as I have in this very thread because of NVIDIA's extremely aggressive pricing in all segments.

Yipes, that's a silly comment too. I've had "issues" with every NVIDIA board I've ever owned, but none were deal breakers (well except for the memory management bug on the 320MB 8800GTS) and I loved every single one of them (again except for the 320MB GTS). I would love to hear about some of these issues you've had, but that's a topic for another thread.

The title of this thread is misleading and I wish someone would change it. This is a thread about getting a new mid-range GPU, not debating the merits of our favorite IHV.

TRENDING THREADS