I just bought a new system and I have to say that SWG/JTL runs very well.
However, when I look at the fps display, it seems caped at 30.

Specs:
Athlon 64 FX-53
ATI X800 Pro
1GB ram
36GB SCSI 10,000rpm HD
Windows XP

Is this a problem with the measurment.. perhaps giving wrong numbers?.. or
is it meant to be this way?

-TIA

NIB

Drew C wrote:
> I just bought a new system and I have to say that SWG/JTL runs very well.
> However, when I look at the fps display, it seems caped at 30.
>

> Specs:
> Athlon 64 FX-53
> ATI X800 Pro
> 1GB ram
> 36GB SCSI 10,000rpm HD
> Windows XP
>
> Is this a problem with the measurment.. perhaps giving wrong numbers?.. or
> is it meant to be this way?

It is capped at 30.
--
nib

May I ask why they did it that way? Does it have to do somehow with people
using speed hacks or something like that?

Drew C wrote:
> May I ask why they did it that way? Does it have to do somehow with people
> using speed hacks or something like that?

I think it's a lag thing... if the video side of things is allowed too
much headway, it generates lag in the game internally, thus giving the
appearance of server side lag at high framerates...

There was, iirc, a location in the config files somewhere where you
could change the cap, I don't remember where though.