Something like memory problem

vrocipes

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Hello, i am dealing with my problem for months now. My applications/games are closing down with some unknow error and stuff like that. So I am trying to figure out which component could cause this:

Here is what isnt causing it for sure:

RAM (i tried different memory modules also different voltages and timings)
Motherboard (i replaced it with new one)
PSU (replaced old with new Enermax liberty 500W

Software also isnt, I did plenty of fresh OS installs and BIOS upgrades.

So my question is: could it be CPU or Graphic card or HDD?
I should also mention that computer is not overclocked and after a few hours of testing with Prime95 (mostly stressing CPU) and memtest i got no (0) errors.

Here is my config:
Intel core 2 duo E6550
XFX 8800GT
Patriot extreme performance 2x1gb and Geil black dragon 2x1gb
Seagate HDD
Enermay liberty 500w

Please guys at least try to help me, i spent alot of money, time and nerves for solving this problem but so far no luck.

vrocipes

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I dont have it :(
Temperatures arent too high because sometimes i get error really fast after i turn on pc and temperatures are just right...

In COD 2 for example my FPS is 333 and then in next second it falls down under 150 so it is not stable not even close.

Any good method on testing if Graphic card is causing problems?

Thank you, bye

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
i see that you have 4x1 g of ram,you should know that some mobo's do not play well with 4x1 of ram,[it's a timing thing] and are the modules the same,if one is slower than the other then,,the slowest should be first,,that is ,,if,,the mobo will support different speeds,some do and,,some do not,,try running your ram in pairs separately patriot with patriot and geil with geil you need to know if they work by themselves,and when did this problem start,after what incident..:)

edit:you could take your card to your local computer store and have it tested,won't even need drivers,if it is no good..which i doubt..:)

vrocipes

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I had P5KC and now i have P5Q pro and both woud not be compatible? I think i read some forum some time ago and ppl wrote that this combo works fine...

I'll send my Graphic card to guarantee but still i am curious what else could it be? Can CPU cause that?

TRENDING THREADS