Sign in with
Your question

Why won't my computer boot after an IGP overclock?

Last response: in Overclocking
November 27, 2009 2:26:01 PM

I overclocked my 4400+X2 from 2.3 to 3.0Ghz (this ran 'stable' in prime95 for about an hour)
and my HD 3200 (intergrated) from 500mhz to 700mhz
then all of a sudden my computer froze, looped some sound then turned off
it wouldn't boot
so i removed the CMOS battery and put it back in and reduce the HD 3200 clock speed to 600mhz
and now it died!
the whole computer
i turned it on and the fans spin and whatnot, but there's no image on my screen, it just says "no signal"
also my keyboard and usb mouse won't light up D:
is the motherboard dead? or the cpu?
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
November 30, 2009 5:25:13 AM

Sounds like you might have killed the 3200, any idea what your temps were? You could test this by plugging in a discrete video card if you've got one.
November 30, 2009 2:15:55 PM

Quote:
Did you even monitor your temps during your cpu overclock??
Thats pretty extreme for a 4400X2, probably fried it.

You DO NOT overclock integrated graphics, if you didn't kill your cpu, you likely killed your IGP.

it got to 70* in prime 95, and i was playing CoD4 at the time
i doubt cod4 is as taxing as Prime95, so i doubt it's the CPU.
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
November 30, 2009 3:11:20 PM

If you are not even getting power on lights for the keyboard and mouse, I would bet you fried your IGP and took something essential in your MOBO with it. If, say, you were able to boot up the computer, hear the windows start up etc even without any video, then perhaps a discrete graphics card could solve your dilemna. The fact that your entire rig is dead is not a good sign at all.
November 30, 2009 3:21:12 PM

JofaMang said:
If you are not even getting power on lights for the keyboard and mouse, I would bet you fried your IGP and took something essential in your MOBO with it. If, say, you were able to boot up the computer, hear the windows start up etc even without any video, then perhaps a discrete graphics card could solve your dilemna. The fact that your entire rig is dead is not a good sign at all.

yeah i fried the IGP and motherboard i reckon, cos i ran it stable at 3.0ghz for 3 days before, playing CoD4 under the exact same conditions, and 10 minutes after the IGP overclock, mobo dies.
!