Is The Samsung Syncmaster T220HD Good For Gaming???

hairycat101

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2007
I looked at that one and an LG. I liked the look of the LG better in person. Of course, niether was probably well tuned. The stats on that monitor look decent enough. Anyone else?

MLG_01

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009

I'm a pretty serious Halo 3 gamer.. (31st at MLG meadowlands...) but yes this is a GREAT TV.
I personally think it outdoes the quality of the tv's MLG uses as standard..
Great contrast ratio and especially small lag time make everytihing clear and awesome... even through the VGA cables i use (to minimize screen lag... for gaming)
I own two of these and prefer to use them more than the standard MLG tv's for high def gaming...
GREAT buy for a GREAT price.. i strongly recommend obviously... :D
peace out

G

i realise this is a late post, but i bought the T220HD and used the hdmi cables and for sum reason i could not aim on the tv, i assumed there must be a small input lag so i ended up buying the vga cables which supposedly minimise or eliminate inputlag, but i still cannot use this tv, my aim is horrible, and when using a cheaper 19" hd tv it feels far more responsive and my aim is by far better.

overall the appearance of games is amazing and its a great looking tv, but if your a serious competitive gamer like i am i wouldnt recommend it.

Honour3

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I have the T220 without "HD" also. It's HD ready and does everything you want it too - PS3 games can get REALLY immersive with this definition - PC games at the moment seem to lack those contrasts.

I havn't seen anything the "HD" can do which the T220 can't - so for price reasons I'll point you toward the T220. Suprisingly ace screen. And if you need an adapter, you can get one with a lifetime guarantee and gold plating for about 4 pounds, 6 dollars.