Sign in with
Your question
Solved

2 New 2TB Drives Bad sectors?? help!!

Last response: in Storage
February 6, 2010 6:03:18 AM

Ok I just got 2 OEM Hitachi 2TB drives from Newegg. I had them shipped FedEx so they wouldnt get the crap beat out of them by UPS. :D 
When I opened them the bubble wrap was smashed on one side and the anti-static bags were slightly ripped along one edge. :pfff: 
Now I formatted both of them just fine, and threw some files on there and they seem to work just fine BUT I ran HD Tune and have about 14 bad sectors all in a line on one drive.
Shoud I RMA? One or both? is it ok?? any opinions?? thanks

More about : 2tb drives bad sectors

Best solution

a b G Storage
February 6, 2010 6:18:00 AM

RMA it if it has bad sectors; chances are it would get worse over time.
a c 115 G Storage
February 6, 2010 3:03:25 PM

master6238 said:
Ok I just got 2 OEM Hitachi 2TB drives from Newegg. I had them shipped FedEx so they wouldnt get the crap beat out of them by UPS.s

FedEx Ground or FedEx Air ? Fifferent operations....FEdEX ground used to be rural delivery or something and drivers are independents. After repeated experiences, I will not do business with any company that uses FedEx ground.

1. I once ordered a PC for an XMas gift cause I wasn't going to have time to build one....it arrived with HS snapped off MoBo and MoBo beat to hell from it bouncing around.

2. They will not deliver if there's 2" of snow on ground.

3. I take off work and sit home waiting for delivery only to find a note left in my mailbox out at the road saying they couldn't deliver.....4 times had this happen and I had to drive to depot 35 miles away to pick up or take off another day.

FedEx Air, USPS and UPS never aproblem

m
l
February 10, 2010 12:37:41 AM

Best answer selected by master6238.
m
l
!