Plz help with sunbeam 580w powersuply

hockees

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
hi guy, i just got my sunbeam 580W powersuply from newegg, i saw one of the main connector (20+4) is empty (the sixth one from the left) what i ment is one of the holes is not connected with a cable, but the others 23 pins r connected, so is that normal ? is that the way it should be ? or its a manufacturer fault. by the way, there r only 23 cables comming out from the inside the powersupply and they all connected to the main power connector(20+4). plz i need help and thx in advance.

Yes, your PSU it a timebomb.
Return it ASAP and get a QUALITY Corsair, PCP&C, Seasonic, Enermax or Antec Earthwatts PSU.
If you post exactly what it will be powering, we can help you locate a specific PSU.

The missing cable is normal and part of the 20+4 pin layout no problem.

What the otehr guys are screaming about is the brand of your PSU - if it's going to be working anywhere near it's 580w capacity, you should change it for a 'brand' psu as that one will have problems at higher loads.

To re-iterate though - all PSUs will have the missing pin, it is normal :)

lambofgode3x

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
what happened was they had some spare room in the factory, and didnt know what to do. then a light bulb went on and they decided to use the spare room to make power supplies.