Sign in with
Your question

"PXE-E61: media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot

Last response: in Windows XP
February 5, 2011 12:00:38 AM

Hi,
I had almost exactly the same circumstances as the thread described. MY battery had been getting weak and pretty much done and I should have replaced it sooner, but it went dead and then it failed while plugged in on the AC adapter apparently because it would not respond later when I started the laptop. I put a new battery in but it is still coming up with this same error message and I cannot get past this message:
"PXE-E61: media test failure, check cable PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent"

This may be a hardware problem and if so I may need some professional support help. Thank you for all you input in advance
February 10, 2011 11:52:53 PM

Hard drive problem... if it is attempting to boot from the network, then booting from all other devices has failed... unless you happened to tell it to boot from the network first.
February 11, 2011 1:51:24 AM

Boot into BIOS and verify the boot order. Your hard drive should be second, after your CD/DVD drive. If it is, see if you hard drive is recognized in BIOS. If not, you may have a defective HDD. You can re-seat the HDD, if you know how. Other than that, not many options. Maybe defaulting the BIOS settings.
!