More JTL questions!

Sorry, I tried the SWG forums & they are sooooo very slow & I got tons of
hits from my search & the forums are too slow to sift through them.

I broke down & purchased JTL, loaded it, & logged on. Got my veteran
reward ship, headed directly to a terminal & launched into space. hmmmm
There I was in space...... hmmmm

OK so I look around the ship, ok ok looks ok... then back in the pilot
seat & hmmmmm.... I activate a POI waypoint & set it to autopilot. Some
time later I arrived at some abandoned ship. hmmmm.

HELP! I headed to a hyperspace POI & errrr how do I JumptoLightspeed
anyhow? What am I supposed to do in space anyhow? I got money, a few
mill to blow, should I buy another ship?

I know, RTFM. I did start to read the manual, & it directed me to a NPC to
start my way as a pilot. errrrrrrrr WHAT?
I don't have any skill points available! Do I need to free up skill points
to be a pilot?! Please tell me I don't need to give up any current skills.
I like being a Ranger/Rifleman!

Any suggestions as to what I should do in JTL?

No points needed to be a pilot. To enter hyperspace hit H select a
destination and click the hyperspace button.

"Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHexcite.com> wrote in message
> Sorry, I tried the SWG forums & they are sooooo very slow & I got tons of
> hits from my search & the forums are too slow to sift through them.
>
> I broke down & purchased JTL, loaded it, & logged on. Got my veteran
> reward ship, headed directly to a terminal & launched into space. hmmmm
> There I was in space...... hmmmm
>
> OK so I look around the ship, ok ok looks ok... then back in the pilot
> seat & hmmmmm.... I activate a POI waypoint & set it to autopilot. Some
> time later I arrived at some abandoned ship. hmmmm.
>
> HELP! I headed to a hyperspace POI & errrr how do I JumptoLightspeed
> anyhow? What am I supposed to do in space anyhow? I got money, a few
> mill to blow, should I buy another ship?
>
> I know, RTFM. I did start to read the manual, & it directed me to a NPC
> to start my way as a pilot. errrrrrrrr WHAT?
> I don't have any skill points available! Do I need to free up skill
> points to be a pilot?! Please tell me I don't need to give up any
> current skills. I like being a Ranger/Rifleman!
>
> Any suggestions as to what I should do in JTL?

The most important thing to read is the Keyboard map in the back of the
manual. To get to Hyperspace, press H, that brings up the Hyperspace map.
With the Yacht (Veteran Ship) there's not much to do. It's a multiplayer
vessel that can't be destroyed, or upgraded. It's good for parties but it
handles like the nick-name it's earned.... the Party _Barge_.

Piloting skills do not take skill points. They're free. But you have to
earn them per 1 tier at a time. They also have no cost to train, but you
often have to do a quest to train, or a quest immediately after you train.

When you join one of the factions, you'll be given a starter ship which will
get you started fighting. You can and should work on buying better ships
after that & outfitting them with the parts you loot and/or buy. You can
have a maximum of 3 ships in your datapad at a time.

As for what you should do, that's up to you. Hunting with my guildmates has
been fun & has helped with getting the XP nicely. Hunting alone has been
fun as well, but it can get hairy when you're in a Lower level ship
depending on what parts you've got in it. I went with a Guildmate to Endor
last night & managed to destroy a Tie Oppressor which was Way above my
current piloting level... But both of us (he's about a tier ahead of me)
got our tickets punched taking on a Decimator (the Imperial Multiplayer
ship).

Sightseeing with the Yacht can be fun too, nice scenery out there.

Thanks

The Bar-erras Clan
Lowca Galaxy.

"Scott Schwartz" <maclaird@execpc.com> wrote in message
> No points needed to be a pilot. To enter hyperspace hit H select a
> destination and click the hyperspace button.
>
> "Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHexcite.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry, I tried the SWG forums & they are sooooo very slow & I got tons of
>> hits from my search & the forums are too slow to sift through them.
>>
>> I broke down & purchased JTL, loaded it, & logged on. Got my veteran
>> reward ship, headed directly to a terminal & launched into space. hmmmm
>> There I was in space...... hmmmm
>>
>> OK so I look around the ship, ok ok looks ok... then back in the pilot
>> seat & hmmmmm.... I activate a POI waypoint & set it to autopilot.
>> Some time later I arrived at some abandoned ship. hmmmm.
>>
>> HELP! I headed to a hyperspace POI & errrr how do I JumptoLightspeed
>> anyhow? What am I supposed to do in space anyhow? I got money, a few
>> mill to blow, should I buy another ship?
>>
>> I know, RTFM. I did start to read the manual, & it directed me to a NPC
>> to start my way as a pilot. errrrrrrrr WHAT?
>> I don't have any skill points available! Do I need to free up skill
>> points to be a pilot?! Please tell me I don't need to give up any
>> current skills. I like being a Ranger/Rifleman!
>>
>> Any suggestions as to what I should do in JTL?

OK thanks, no points needed. Good deal.

"Psyberowl" <owl@dmv.com> wrote in message
> The most important thing to read is the Keyboard map in the back of the
> manual. To get to Hyperspace, press H, that brings up the Hyperspace map.
> With the Yacht (Veteran Ship) there's not much to do. It's a multiplayer
> vessel that can't be destroyed, or upgraded. It's good for parties but it
> handles like the nick-name it's earned.... the Party _Barge_.
>
> Piloting skills do not take skill points. They're free. But you have to
> earn them per 1 tier at a time. They also have no cost to train, but you
> often have to do a quest to train, or a quest immediately after you train.
>
> When you join one of the factions, you'll be given a starter ship which
> will get you started fighting. You can and should work on buying better
> ships after that & outfitting them with the parts you loot and/or buy.
> You can have a maximum of 3 ships in your datapad at a time.
>
> As for what you should do, that's up to you. Hunting with my guildmates
> has been fun & has helped with getting the XP nicely. Hunting alone has
> been fun as well, but it can get hairy when you're in a Lower level ship
> depending on what parts you've got in it. I went with a Guildmate to
> Endor last night & managed to destroy a Tie Oppressor which was Way above
> my current piloting level... But both of us (he's about a tier ahead of
> me) got our tickets punched taking on a Decimator (the Imperial
> Multiplayer ship).
>
> Sightseeing with the Yacht can be fun too, nice scenery out there.
>
> Thanks
>
> The Bar-erras Clan
> Lowca Galaxy.
>

> "Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHexcite.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry, I tried the SWG forums & they are sooooo very slow & I got tons of
>> hits from my search & the forums are too slow to sift through them.
>>
>> I broke down & purchased JTL, loaded it, & logged on. Got my veteran
>> reward ship, headed directly to a terminal & launched into space. hmmmm
>> There I was in space...... hmmmm
>>
>> OK so I look around the ship, ok ok looks ok... then back in the pilot
>> seat & hmmmmm.... I activate a POI waypoint & set it to autopilot.
>> Some time later I arrived at some abandoned ship. hmmmm.
>>
>> HELP! I headed to a hyperspace POI & errrr how do I JumptoLightspeed
>> anyhow? What am I supposed to do in space anyhow? I got money, a few
>> mill to blow, should I buy another ship?
>>
>> I know, RTFM. I did start to read the manual, & it directed me to a NPC
>> to start my way as a pilot. errrrrrrrr WHAT?
>> I don't have any skill points available! Do I need to free up skill
>> points to be a pilot?! Please tell me I don't need to give up any
>> current skills. I like being a Ranger/Rifleman!
>>
>> Any suggestions as to what I should do in JTL?

Excellent, I ran my first mission tonight, killed 3 tie fighters. Much more
fun with a maneuverable ship.

Thanks for the reply!