Asus P6T Deluxe - Slipstreaming Drivers on XP disc - WHICH ones???

nauidvr1

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2003
First, I have to admit I am not as up to date as I used to be on Asus MB's. I am building a new i7 system with an ASUS P6T Deluxe MB and have received most parts, but still waiting on a few more.

I have an old, purchased, version of Windows XP SP1a, and I am creating a disc with SP3 slipstreamed in and have done this several times using the nLite software, for other Asus boards that needed SATA drivers.

Here are my issues/questions. I recevied the MB with driver disc and started to build the slipstreamed XP SP3 disc with SP3, IE7 and all the Asus drivers. However, when I started drilling down thru the driver disc, I see that there are alot of drivers for several operating systems (32 bit & 64 bit as well). My questions arise when I am looking for 32bit Windows XP SATA drivers - there are 2 driver .inf files, but I am not sure which one I need to slipstream or if I need both?

Does anyone have a list of all the drivers that should be loaded for Windows XP 32bit (NTFS file system) for the ASUS P6T Deluxe MB?

The whole idea for this is, that if I slipstream in the SATA driver(s) and all the necessary MB drivers, then I won't need a floppy disk to load the SATA drivers during installation of XP - because SP1a did not support SATA. Then when the Windows XP installation is complete all the drivers are loaded and all devices are working - killing several birds with one disc. Or maybe because I am slipstreamimg SP3 I don't need the ASUS SATA drivers? Are there generic SATA drivers in SP3 that will work to get the operating system loaded without the use of a floppy?

Thanks for any replies!

NAUIdvr1

sunkai

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Did you figure this out in the end nauidvr1? I have the same specs and issue.

In fact, when I try to install XP 64 I get a BSOD, even with a premade Intel driver disk for the SATA raid.

nauidvr1

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2003
Yeah,
I kinda figured it out. But I ended up loading a minimial set of drivers because the ASUS DVD had so many to chose from I wasn't sure which ones to load. So I loaded MB drivers and a few others I could figure out easily, then loaded the rest off the ASUS DVD after Windows loaded. Not quite optimal, but worked!

NAUIdvr1

nauidvr1

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2003

Yeah,
I kinda figured it out. But I ended up loading a minimial set of drivers because the ASUS DVD had so many to chose from I wasn't sure which ones to load. So I loaded MB drivers and a few others I could figure out easily, then loaded the rest off the ASUS DVD after Windows loaded. Not quite optimal, but worked!

NAUIdvr1

sunkai

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Thanks for the response. Did you try to load it without streamlining the drivers first? I get a BSOD at the beginning of the install process when it says "starting windows" (i.e. after the drivers have been loaded from the disk).

This is somewhat concerning and I can not figure out which drivers it needs to proceed. Can you remember which ones you used?

Thanks for the help.