how to connect case fan to mobo

Sean45

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
ok so i've had my computer for more than 3 months and i'm finally getting around to asking how to connect the case fan to my mobo? i got a m2n-sli deluxe and an apevia x-jupiter, the case fans are currently connected to my psu. can anyone help out, thanks for any help. :D

unclefester

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
You may have to go to the manufactures web site and download the manuel if you don't already have one. It will have the lay-out for the fan connections.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
You will need the following

1x butter knife
2x quarts of axle grease
1x car battery
1x extra pair of pants (you will know when it happens)

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
On second though just download the user's manual from the manufacturers webpage. The layout should be detailed in the manual.

You will only be able to install 1 or 2 case fans on the mobo.
The others will have to be connected via molex connectors from the power supply.

Geesh everyone is harsh today.
To the OP, I know that taking the time to look at or read your motherboard manual is a tough thing to do, and sometimes all those big words they use like "processor" and "expansion slot" are hard to understand, so I will be a little more helpful.
The connectors that say "FAN" or "AUX" right next to them are usually the ones most people use......

Sean45

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
alright thanks, lol i know i already checked my manual and the layout i found out i need a power adapter