Sign in with
Your question

HELP!! New build will not post! I need some advice!

Last response: in Systems
September 5, 2008 8:23:58 PM

I am currently building a new budget system using

-Foxconn M61PMX Motherboard
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor
- 2 GB G.Skill DDR2 800 memory
- 300 watt rosewill PS

When I push the power button the fans will start for about a half revolution and then nothing will work. When I push the button again the fans won't even start again. I have tested the power supply and even tried a different one in it and it still does the same thing. I have tested the processor, memory, and even replaced the MB. This is by no means my first build but I have never encountered this problem before. I am at a loss, please help!

More about : build post advice

September 5, 2008 8:40:09 PM

the only real tip thats in mind is check the number of spacers on the motherboard tray

you could have a short
September 5, 2008 8:47:13 PM

I'll check that and get back to you. Thanks for the quick reply.
Related resources
September 5, 2008 8:47:26 PM

Did you connect power to both the 24 pin connector and the 4 pin connector near the CPU?

Did you only install/use standoffs at the correct places corresponding to the holes in the motherboard?

Did you re-check the connections between the case and MB?

September 5, 2008 8:50:04 PM

looks its mobo protecting itself.make sure all standoff is installed.
September 5, 2008 8:51:46 PM

I hate it when this happens. Here's a few things that i've run into. Short in case. Faulty power button on case. ^ short on mobo tray. I usually take a deep breath, pull everything out, clean and search for anything that looks wrong (bad solder, caps etc.) step by step put it all back in. 1 stick RAM. Give it another shot. Good luck, we've all been there, it sucks.
September 5, 2008 8:54:54 PM

That was it! I had a MB Standoff in the wrong place. I hate when I do that sort of thing. I feel a little dumb for not thinking of it. Thanks to everyone who helped!!!
September 5, 2008 9:12:41 PM

sigh.....................well done:p 
!