HD 3870

gmworodj

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2008
Hi!! I just bought a game "command and conquer 3", I ran the setup perfectly fine, but now that I'm trying to open the game, a window pops up saying this "Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements, and you do not have hardware acceleration disabled in the display control panel"

I'm running an Asus Rampage Mobo, 4 GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500, Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 Toxic edition, Q9550 CPU, Corsair 620watt PSU...

I have directX 10 installed.

I´m running the latest version of the Catalyst, and I have no problems in World in Conflict, but thats the only other game I have instaled... I downloaded the patch for the game, didn't seem to help a lot with the problem!

I don't really know where the "hardware acceleration" option is in windows, please let me know if you know where it is...

Thank you for your efforts!

SizroSpunkmire

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
If memory serves correct, you cannot disable hardware video acceleration in Vista like you could in XP. If World in Conflict runs fine then video acceleration is enabled.

I would suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling. You can also try to run the C&C3 executable in XP SP2 mode.