Missle Problem Help Needed

I have a Y-Wing and have beed using a Mach 1 Proton Missle Launcher
and loading it with proton missle packs. Suddenly, it says weapon
disabled when I try to fire. I don't think it's any of my other
components because it's been working before. I've done some upgrading
whenever I loot a better component. I just bought a bigger capacitor
but that's not fixing it. What am I doing wrong? What else can I look
for? The ship's energy is 12906/9341 and the mass is 20117/148341
Thanks.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Tarkus" <tarkus@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have a Y-Wing and have beed using a Mach 1 Proton Missle Launcher
> and loading it with proton missle packs. Suddenly, it says weapon
> disabled when I try to fire. I don't think it's any of my other
> components because it's been working before. I've done some upgrading
> whenever I loot a better component. I just bought a bigger capacitor
> but that's not fixing it. What am I doing wrong? What else can I look
> for? The ship's energy is 12906/9341 and the mass is 20117/148341
> Thanks.

While I am unsure if this will fix your problem you do need to get a bigger
reactor. Try taking 3600 off your energy usage and see if that helps.

Reply to message from Tarkus <tarkus@comcast.net> (Wed, 03 Nov 2004 07:59:
38) about "Missle Problem Help Needed":

This happened to me in beta a lot after i called inspace repairs. Though it
has to do with your Energy consumption. You are using more energy, than
your reactor can provide...that seems to be the problem. Try removing the
turret weapon (which u cannot use anyways solo) to save energy.

Dirk

T> I have a Y-Wing and have beed using a Mach 1 Proton Missle Launcher and
T> when I try to fire. I don't think it's any of my other components
T> because it's been working before. I've done some upgrading whenever I
T> loot a better component. I just bought a bigger capacitor but that's
T> not fixing it. What am I doing wrong? What else can I look for? The
T> ship's energy is 12906/9341 and the mass is 20117/148341 Thanks.

Bye
Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:53:03 +0200