Will the Thermaltake Tr2 430W be enough for me?

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Although that PSU is very weak on it's +12v rail, it should run what you list just fine.
It is what you do not list that may cause you troubles.
What is the GPU setup you are using with this rig?

roiei

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Thanks!

I'm sorry, I've forgot to mention the GPU!

My GPU is ATI Readon Hd 4870 (I Don't remember the release).

That PSU is for a socket 478 or socket A computer at best.
I would not recommend it.

EDIT: You need at least 25 amps on the 12v rails acccording to my calculations. That PSU has 18 amps on the 12v rails.

In that case, NO it is not powerful enough for you.
The 4870 requires a 500w or higher PSU.
ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 System Requirements

500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)
http://ati.amd.com/products/Radeonhd4800/requirements.html

Look into a QUALITY 500w+ Corsair, PCP&C, Seasonic, Enermax or Antec Earthwatts PSU.

roiei

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
This computer is not mine, it's my friend and he already bought all the hardware, build it and installed vista ultimate 64bit.
It's all work fine for now.

I've told him this PSU is not powerful enough, but he thinks it's fine because it's working.
In which case the PSU will fail? how can we load it and see if it's fine?

Thanks!

The best you can do is tell him the truth.
His PSU is not up to powering his system.
It may work for now, it may work for the next 6 months but it will eventually fail.
When it does, most low quality PSU's, such as his, have a high probability of surging voltage and frying other components.
It is only a matter of time until it fails.

Tell him he needs to get a QUALITY 500w+ PSU to protect his investment.
Make sure he gets one from Corsair, PCP&C, Seasonic, Enermax or the Antec Earthwatts line.
Normally, you can locate one of the above PSU's in 500w+ form for under $50 after instant/mail in rebates.

roiei

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008

He said it's not the same product (the model isn't the same)

It's a problem to explain to a stupid person that he's stupid but keep trying ;)

roiei

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Sorry we didn't see this: "Thermaltake Purepower 430 W NP, which is also known by other names like W0070, TR2-430W and XP550 NP, is one of the simplest and cheapest power supplies from Thermaltake."

TRENDING THREADS