Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Shutdown problem!

Last response: in Windows 7
December 10, 2009 10:15:49 AM

HI i've Installed yesterday Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits. And I don't know why but I Can't shutdown my computer. It stops at "Shutting Down" untill I press the shot down buttom (The fact is that if I do that It doesn't say at restart that Ihave shutted it wrong...

I have:

Gigabyte EX-58 Extreme
Nvidia GTX285 (SLI)
Creative X-FI titanium

Logitech G15 (Keyboard)
Microsoft Sidewinder (Mouse)

On windows Start I only have the Antivirus Kaspersky, the "stupid gadgets", the Logitech GamePanel, and Realtek audio Manager.

Please HelP :(  I googled a little bit and It seems I'm not the only one... Some people fixed it by disabling IEE1394... I did that and nothing... Others say that I should reinstall windows 7... but... I think that It will happen again. Any Idea?

Thanks
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 10, 2009 11:55:06 AM

xema... try updating your chipset drivers, and adjust the default timeout period for Windows to force any hanging services to shut down.

To adjust the timeout period, open the Registry Editor (remember to back up your registry first before making any changes!) and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control

In the right pane, double click on WaitToKillServiceTimeout key and set the value to something around 2000 or 3000. The default value will be 12000.

!