Is the capacitor responsible for weapon reload rates?
If I load 2 laser weapons on my ship, I have very
limited shots and slow recharge rates.

How can I improve this?

DK

Dave King wrote:
> Is the capacitor responsible for weapon reload rates?
> If I load 2 laser weapons on my ship, I have very
> limited shots and slow recharge rates.
>
> How can I improve this?
>
> DK

Partly. Rate of Fire is determined by your weapon. Power drawn per shot
is determined by weapon. Amount of charge is determined by capacitor.
Recharge rate is determined by capacitor.

You have options.

- Get a better capacitor. Recharge rate is more important that total
capacitance.
- Get a less hungry weapon.
- Get a droid program that lets you lower the draw of your weapon by
lowering your damage.
- Change your attack behavior.
- Make sure that everything is repaired to full

In the end, you'll end up doing some mix of these things.

"Dave King" <dking21@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> Is the capacitor responsible for weapon reload rates?
> If I load 2 laser weapons on my ship, I have very
> limited shots and slow recharge rates.
>
> How can I improve this?

Bigger capacitor with faster recharge rate

"David Cherry" <david.cherry@empyrion> wrote in message news:<418944c4$0$4032$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net>...
> "Dave King" <dking21@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Is the capacitor responsible for weapon reload rates?
> > If I load 2 laser weapons on my ship, I have very
> > limited shots and slow recharge rates.
> >
> > How can I improve this?
> >
> Bigger capacitor with faster recharge rate

Recharge rate seems to make more difference than size. But firing one
weapon at a time might be better if you miss a lot.