Unable to Input to Screen _ Tungsten E

Tags:
January 24, 2005 7:56:27 AM

My wife has a Tungsten E which is six months old.

In the last few days problems have arisen. Reluctance to switch off or
on, messages that battery is low ( despite recent charging ) and most
importantly, it is not possible to input any thing via the screen . It
is totally unresponsive to any attempt to use the stylus on the
screen.
Retrieval of information is possible via the navigation buttons.
I should be very grateful if anyone has any ideas.
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 3:07:50 PM

Den Regan wrote:
> My wife has a Tungsten E which is six months old.
>
> In the last few days problems have arisen. Reluctance to switch off
or
> on, messages that battery is low ( despite recent charging ) and most
> importantly, it is not possible to input any thing via the screen .
It
> is totally unresponsive to any attempt to use the stylus on the
> screen.
> Retrieval of information is possible via the navigation buttons.
> I should be very grateful if anyone has any ideas.

The first thing I would do is back it up, whether to a SD card or a
computer via the HotSync, then do a 'hard reset'. If this does not cure
it the next thing I would do is remove the back and physically
disconnect the battery (requires sodering iron), let it set for a
minute then reconnect the battery. Disconnecting the battery does more
than a hard reset can do.

while you have the back off inspect the power button switch to see if
it is loose from the board (broken solder joints). Also check to see if
any foreign matter is lodged between the screen and the bezel. If there
is, this can cause all kinds of problems. For instance, have you
recently installed a screen protector that slides underneath the bezel?
This will likely cause problems that can be similar to what you
describe.
January 25, 2005 9:47:43 PM

I've had a simular problem if a screen protector gets wedged between
the screen and bezel.
January 25, 2005 9:48:18 PM

!