Motherboard help. What to get for my hardware.

Son_ganon

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I am going to purchase a motherbaord that can use the new intel i7 core. I have a minor problem. I don't know much about this but i recently was given a gift for xmas. It was a dvd drive
this one to be exact
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827140025

And this is the mobo im planning to get
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121361 "with the free fry cry 2"

But here is the problem. Can i connect my dvd drive to my mobo. Since it does not have a ide connector and my dvd drive has a ide connecter.

Also if i can not connect it, is there a mobo that can use ide and supports i7.

If not what should I do......

P.s I am building a new pc. I got a graphics card 4870 and the dvd drive as a gift. But I am going to buy everything else at once later on.

EDIT: For the motherboard. Anything around the price of this one or lower

Son_ganon

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
ill jsut give this one to my sis. so ill buy that.
Thanks for the help

What about a hdd that is also sata??
NVM THE HDD IS SATA.

WELL THANKS FOR THE HELP> I AM Gonna return this thing my sis don't want it. XD The problem is that it was a gift so i have to talk to who ever gave it to me. ugh :hello: :bounce:

Son_ganon

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Guys I need helo with newegg rma. What do I do to return this item. i refund it but I am confused on the whole thing. I go and send the rma "i havent yet" what does that do and what happens. Ugh im so confused

Amg

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
you need to send it back to newegg via post, I don't know how much it would cost, probely anything up to 15$ i m in the UK so a little different.

normally you will need everything to return it box, screws xD,drivers if any and the protective stuff the drives was in

Son_ganon

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
its like 3 bucks im american money. Also I put everything inside. So I sent the rma. Now I print that. Send it to the adress with the package. And after that will they refund my money. So is that what i do