Sign in with
Your question

How can we reduce the HEAT in our CPU with 1-2 simple moves?

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 30, 2009 9:34:53 AM

First I have a Quad 65nm Working in 30006 hz overclocked. Fsb: 334 voltage 1.187 Volts basicly couse i tryed to work the dame thing in LOWER volts but i failed Intels Clames that the cpu is working in 0.85 volts i'm fraid is bullshit couse in 1.1064 i got some blue screens, reboots after heavy testing!? But in 1.1064 Volts i got 38oC Stable in 30006 hz idle mode...

In the stable mode (no blue screens, no reboots) 1.187 Volts:

The temrature is stable under 'idle' mode is 38 oC at night and 42oC 13:00 The "coolling system" is the classic intel fan that came with Cpu in the box. I have Ga-p35-Dg6 with a "crazy cool" passive system in the back of the motherboard that really helps. I Also have 6 satta ii Disk in Raid 0 creating a volume 960 Gbytes infront of them i have 1 Fan Noctua NF-P12 in the Power Sytmed that works in 1336 Rpm, 1 Noctua NF-P12 in the back of the Mambo Thermaltake case. I also Have a 650 wats Thermal take power supply in it with a NF-P12 noctua fan the are very silent and really powerfull in air flow a strange cut in ther wings are doing the job, trust them.

The quastion is what intel was doing to decrease Heat of their Cpu? They hade in the bios a fuction called "CPU enchanced Halt (C1E)" by default that was enable i did disable it couse in order to decrease the heat was droping the Multiplayer of the cpu to x6 from x9 (6 x 334= 2004 hz) it was also droping the voltage of the cpu in 1.1064 volts i started to call it "dead Cpu zone" after i did disable this i have my cpu running always in 3006 Hz 'idle' mode is basicly when i do 'nothing' for example i'm writeing this 'letter' to you.

They Also have a fuction called "EIST fuction" Enchanced intel Speed Step Technology and it was lowing even more after the C1E the volts and the Hz of the cpu to decreased the HEAT again. I did disable this ALSO couse after i did find a stable working volts in 1.187 volts for my cpu it also drop the voltage of the core in the "dead CPU zone"....

If i also disable the "smart fun controle mode" for the 4 pin fun in the cpu i'm getting 1536 Rpm in the cpu fan always that is very noise but is doroping the temrature in 35 and 33 oC fast, I dint disable this couse i cant get use the noise. I have it working in legacy mode and the Rmps are droping and risincing automaticly by the system when it needs to.

Finaly do we really need the wather colling or freon in our lifes? No all we need is 0.85 Volts working Cpu the Hz is not an issue couse the temrature will Never go Above 36oC no matter what if i manage to get my cpu to working there. After all in nature all the thinks are working in LOW energy level. And the first quation you really need to answer in your Overcloking paths is HOW LOW CAN I WORK MY CPU in volts Trust ME.

In the summer i may need some esxtra help for my cpu couse as i allredy tolled you 42oC now in winter is a real broblem. But hey think a little i have 4 CPU Quad running in 3006 hz 24hour per day in here.

Thanks in advanced.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
November 30, 2009 10:10:41 AM

basicly i forgot my ONLY problem now is to find a cpu fan that works in 1536 rpms without noise i, we dont need nothing else Trust me.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 5, 2009 1:21:29 AM

Many people are having Stability problems to find the lower volts that their Q6600 is working.

One Major problem that couses instabillity is the amound of volts are eated from their Vga card. Same of these cards they have 1 or 2 12 Volts connectors that you must give these extra volts that may need from the Power Supply directly and *Not* from the motherboard that they do if you 'forgot' to plug them. In many bios they have some 'overcloking' fields for the Vga cards "turbo" "extrem" but usualy are dissabled by default. If you dont Plug the extra volts connectors then your are forced to add more volts tou the cpu by the bios else ? A solidstable system in low cpu energy will fail simpy just becouse their 'super' Vga 'overcloked' cart has eated all the fan out from their cpu. In Ga-P35-DQ6 there was an extra 12 Volts connector ON board i did connect from my 650 wats Power supply and i set in 'turbo' speed 3 my vga card gainging more speed that way. Dont try to do it if your Vga Doesnt have extra 12Volts connectors or your motherborad dosnt. Now that i'm writing this repport i'm seeing that the card is using the extra 12Volts connection leaving 0.45 Volts only or more sometimes the value is changed amode the needs of the system. The program i used to see it is speed fan 4.40. it is not working to adjust the fans speed in my motherboard but it is helping me to OverClock better for examble i see from -5 Volts connection Cpu is using it and trowing out the false electrical signals inside there this procedure is common to any cpu and if i find a way to reduse this fenomenon by some settings i will report it in here You need this program. Trust me.

The other Major instabillity issue is the wrong timing in your memory. My memory was Kingston HyperX DDR2 800Mhz (KHX6400D2K2/4G) when i was in 3.0 Ghz with 1333 Fsb my memory with the multiplayer in 2.5 was running in 850 Mhz that was better couse now i'm in 3.6 Ghz i set the memory multiplyer to 2 in the begin to find a stable system 2 in bios means in your CpuZ program you see FSB:D ram 1:1 i hade the host cpu multiplyer to x 9 as it was by default for my 2.4 Ghz CPU when i took the pc. But with Host Cpu multiplayer to x9 the fsb bus was runing in 333 Hz only with 2.5 in memory multiplayer i hade 333 x 2.5 = 832.5 Mhz double channel ddr2 ram. The cpuz was gibing 850 Mhz. in 3.2 Ghz i hade 356 with 2 multiplyer. my memory was runing in 712 Hz and the system was stable solid but the drop in performance was very big. Finaly i solved the problem by raising the Front side Bus speed in 400 the cpu mutlplyer to 8 i got 400 x 8 = 3.3 Ghz in my cpu and 400 x 2 = 800 Mhz in my memory. I choosen thouse memory dims couse they operate in 800 only in 1.8 volts! Less volts means lower Temrature in the system. So i did over voltage by +0.05 in bios *ONLY* the memory couse kingstone was giving 1.85 Oparating Volts. Dont Over voltage nothing unless your munifactor say so. RONG voltages to ram will BURN the ram very quicly. You will wake up one day and the system will not work Trust me. Finaly i work in 3.6 Ghz with my ram settings 5 5 5 15 and trust me the same is and above 3.4 Gz KHX6400D2K2 ia very good low energy dimms.

Now as i write this to you prime95 is still running my core volts in cpu is giving me 1.264 but the true value is 1.80 1.264 is 2nd Vcore what is going on ? intel has devide Quad cpus in 2 devisions the 2 (cpu0 and cpu1)are running at 1.264 and the others cpu2 and cpu2 1.89 in the bios i hade a modification near to 1.28.. volts remeber i do varius tests to find the LOWER cpu volts always. if i finished and i find a solid posiosion i will give you all the values i have in bios. Trust me.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 5, 2009 1:45:54 AM

Sorry error i'm in 3.2 Ghz 3.6Ghz rejceted simply just becouse with the intel cpu fan was impossible. The reason for so low tempratures are reported is the 3 Noctuma NF-P12 inside the Mambo Thermaltake box are creating so powerfull air flow carrents that are cooling and the back of the ga-p35-dq6 motherbord. Gigabyte's Crazy Cool System really helps simbly just bouce Mambo has an oppening low down by the back of the mother board. if i put my hend in there the air is drown inside with chilling speed. I'm thinking i'm gonna need one more noctuma 120mm fan. prime95 is raising the temps cpu0 68 C cpu1 64 C cpu2 60 C and cpu3 61 C. The cpu1 and the cpu2 cant oparate in 1.89 somtehing volts the resolt is a crash i tryed all ready. Finaly I will find the lowest energy solidstate for my cpu in 3.2 Ghz and this is somethig you all must do.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 9, 2009 8:43:59 PM

Major System instability reason after working in low energy volts in your cpu is:

Your BIOS section "Power managment" your system may enter the 'Suspend' mode when the AC power is lost and a 'beatufull' function in your bios may keep your system in Suspend mode after AC power is back? This may kill your RAID when you try to over clock ? Yes it MAY. I have 6 satta ii in RAID 0 and they consum alote of energy in order to work suspend mode they need they System to Full On when i'm truying to boot so is a very critical move to enter the BIOS section "Power managment" For example in GA-P35-DQ6 it hade a fuction called "Ac Back funcion" by default that function was in "soft off" meaning ? the system will stay in suspend mode after the ac power is on! i FORCED to do that "Full ON" meaning the system will turn at "Full on" when the ac power is back. If you dont do the same your CPU may fail Prime95 Trorture mode when is working in lowest possible volts Trust me.
December 10, 2009 12:36:06 AM

See, and I thought you were going to say 'move to the arctic' or something...
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 10, 2009 1:20:42 AM

Semi final resolts to get a taste my friend i do run Q6600 3Ghz with 1.28750 Volts (BIOS seting) SOLID STABLE and so can you if you read me couse you may have read it wast possible? If i write the Maximum Tempratures of my cpu or i post images you may not belive are real so i will give you the Settings and Try them you will remeber me my fried for the rest of your life.

and i will give you my FULL Settings:
Motherboard: GA-P35-DQ6
it has one 12Volts connector major stability problem from your
VGA solved if you DONT connect in there cable from your Power
Supply Prime95 Betchmark will fail with so low volts on the cpu
or you try to overclock you VGA to Turbo speed trust me.
I sick and tired to read people i put the cpu in low volts and i
open up vga betchmark and my system rebooted it self....
CPU: Quad (Q6600)
Cooling System: Stock Intel + 3 NF-P12 noctua fans.
Colling Case: Thermaltake Mambo

*** MAjor colling inperfection the Gap bettwith the 6 disk and the opening case the air flow was going from there and *NOT* from the motherbord direction I did close the gap with a plastic that was in notcua box fan!? This is forcing the air flow to take the direction to YOUR motherbord. If you dont have 6 satta ii to blocking the way for the front FAN You will need a bigger block to lead the air running vertical to your motherbord and the back. MY pespose in here is HOW you gonna do it with no money and this ? will drop your System Temprature -4 oC or more!!!

Critical For Stability Bios Settings:
1) Power Managemend Sector Function "AC Back function" set to "full ON"
Reason? was cousing The system to give less energy to Hard Disks,
cpu, ram, motherbord if you dont the system may run this fuction and
you will fail in Prime Torture mode if you dont increase your volts more.
Also ? after hibernate state wake up you may loose your RAID, or fail
if you run automatic Prime95 torture mode, FINALY after Hibernate state to
100% heavy load to cpu and memory will fail TRUST me.

2) Advanced Bios Sector "CPU halt (C1E)" set to "disable"
3) Advanced Bios Sector "CPU EIST Function" set to "disable"
if you dont do it Prime Torture will fail in 4 cpu, also Prime95 will fail.
you may have a HUNG Up randomly and your setings are ok.

4) MB Intelligent tweker (M.I.T)
All The Over voltages set manual to NORMAL they are desing to operate in
normal volts even to 3,6 Ghz 1600 Fsb BIG mistake to give more voltage +
more heat in your system WITHOUT a reason. I gave Only +0.005 to ram
couse my dimms are running in 833Hz doual channel only in 1.85 Volts =
less HEAT this is WHY i took them. Finaly you are produsing MORE HEAT
more volts will *NOT* efect your stability GOT me?

5) CPU clock Radio x9
6) CPU Hots Frequency 333
7) System Memory Multiplyer 2,5
8) Smart Fan controll method Auto, PWM
Program to cotrol my Cpu fan Cigabyte Easy tune6 that is load automaticly is
forcing the cpu fan not to drop rpm below 960 if the cpu temprature is more
than 37 oC at list this is what i get with the Stok intel cpu fan trust me.

If you have Vista Ultimate 64 Go to the services and dissable:
1) Superfetch service.
2) windows search service.

They only eat your memory BIG time and you will see how light your sustem will became by these 2 moves. In the end i have 382 Mb/ps from my raid do i need Microsoft to 'help' my search in the disk and drop the ich9r performance ? try that and you will see it dosn't drop and you will have MORE free memory.

Why i do this ? couse i'm pissed and withintell and all the energy coroprations and i HOPE that my postings in here will HELP more people to get stability in LOWR VOLTS leading to buing 'extreme' cooling ssytems that can eat more VOLTS and more wats from your Power Suply finaly your UPS will keep your computer less time in the end.

If i find something i post it in here Nowere else.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 16, 2009 10:17:19 AM

************************** RED Alert **************************

Major CPU stability Issue at 1,28750 Volts (Bios setting) becouse of some Rong Registry TCP/IP values that increasing the CPU ussage (temprature) without a reason in Vista Ultimate 64:

1) the Direct Memory Access (DMA) of the On Board 1Gbit ethernet card was *NOT* active by default!?
2) TCP Chimney Offload was disable by default!?
3) Compound TCP - Improve throughput was *NOT* enabled By default
4) TcpMaxDataRetransmissions was at 255 packets! Your CPU was sending 255 packets to a dead link every time cousing traffic to your router and some CPU load without a reason!?
5) SynAttackProtect was *NOT* enable by deafult in Vista 'ultimate' 64 Sp2!!?
That was cousing serius overload to your CPU with the TcpMaxDataRetransmissions
to 255 imagine how BIG traffic you will have with 255 pakcets send to a dead link if the IP off the attacer is Spoofed to a dead link!!
6) TcpTimedWaitDelay was in a very *BIG* timing cousing the system to wait in order to use a port by some other application.

1) NetDMA

NetDMA enables support for advanced direct memory access. In essence, it provides the ability to more efficiently move network data by minimizing CPU usage. NetDMA frees the CPU from handling memory data transfers between network card data buffers and application buffers by using a DMA engine.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
EnableTCPA=1 (DWORD, 1 to enable, 0 to disable NetDMA)

Value is not present by default in Vista this is leading to resolt CPU to handle the Internet packets from your ethernet card to the memory!? You must run regedit and add this value to your registry use 32 bits Dword the key name is EnableTCPA value 1 (enable) the DMA controler will be used for all internet packets CPU will work less time for this job do is as fast as possible.

TCP Chimney Offload

TCP chimney offload enables Windows to offload all TCP processing for a connection to a network adapter. Offloads are initiated on a per-connection basis. Compared to task offload, TCP chimney offload further reduces networking-related CPU overhead, enabling better overall system performance by freeing up CPU time for other tasks.

2) TCP Chimney Offload

TCP chimney offload enables Windows to offload all TCP processing for a connection to a network adapter. Offloads are initiated on a per-connection basis. Compared to task offload, TCP chimney offload further reduces networking-related CPU overhead, enabling better overall system performance by freeing up CPU time for other tasks.

To set TCP Chimney Offload Open the command line while you are logged in as Administrator or Run Power shell by right click "run as administrator" in there write:

netsh int tcp set global chimney=enabled

3) Compound TCP - Improve throughput

Add-On Congestion Control Provider

The traditional slow-start and congestion avoidance algorithms in TCP help avoid network congestion by gradually increasing the TCP window at the beginning of transfers until the TCP Receive Window boundary is reached, or packet loss occurs. For broadband internet connections that combine high TCP Window with higher latency (high BDP), these algorithms do not increase the TCP windows fast enough to fully utilize the bandwidth of the connection.

o enable CTCP, in elevated command prompt type:

netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp

4) TcpMaxDataRetransmissions

Determines how many times unacknowledged data (non-connect segment) is retransmitted before TCP aborts the connection. The retransmission timeout is doubled with each successive retransmission on a connection. It is reset when responses resume.

TCPMaxDataRetransmissions=7 (DWORD, recommended: between 3 and 10, default registry value 255, default 5 in documentation)

5) SynAttackProtect

This undocumented setting provides protection against SYN denial of service (DoS) attacks. When enabled, connections timeout sooner if SYN attack is detected. When set at 1, TCPMaxDataRetransmissions can be lowered further.

SynAttackProtect=1 (DWORD, recommended: 1, not present in registry by default)

6) TcpTimedWaitDelay (port allocation)

Short lived (ephemeral) TCP/IP ports above 1024 are allocated as needed by the OS. The default Vista values have improved from previous Windows versions, and are usually sufficient under normal load. However, in some instances under heavy load it it may be necessary to adjust the settings below to tweak the availability of user ports requested by an application.

Key TcpTimedWaitDelay set it to 30 secs

TcpTimedWaitDelay=30

Yes i do run My Q6600 SOLID stable at 1,28750 volts and from now on so can you by doing these modifications.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 16, 2009 1:39:51 PM

i forgot before the modification You must do in the comand line:

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Couse auto tuning is seting some registry values back to the lame setings of energy eating temtrature creating Settings.

Also you may need to type:

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled

and

set heuristics wsh=disabled

after these 2 you can modify your registry to the above settings and they will stay unchanged.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 22, 2009 11:37:02 PM

**** Critical modifications need it for stability in your router ****

Many pleople arround in order to speed up their connecion speed they are increasing the mtu First in PPPoE connectins (adsl, adsl+) is stupid to raise the mtu more than 1492 couse your router will frag the packets anyway in order to send them out. If you set your default mtu to 1492 in registry then you will have better speed but also you may GET as i read all over the net *MANY* errors in your Upgoing pakters in your router. Errors = resend and resend = Cpu ussage that finaluy means more heat. I have THOMSON TG585 v7 router so the commands that are following may not be the same but you can find them in our reference cli.

In order to work with LARGE packets without producing errors in your router you must telnet in port 21 inside and type:

1) xdsl debug multimode config=g992.5_annex_m

This will increase your sync speed also but your sending errors will go to 0 g992.5_annex_a is having problem to handle large packets creating namy erros in your Upgoung traffic. Yoy may also try
xdsl debug multimode config=g992.5_annex_a+g992.5_annex_m

** if your router dosen't support g992.5_annex_m then the problem is unfixable.

2) xdsl info expand=enabled

this will set the seed foult on and will give you better sync speed also its expanding the BTw singnal.

3) xdsl info g.997.1=enabled

4) saveall

that was it you need to resync your adsl connection.
The above modifactions will give you 0 errors in your Upgoing
traffic that was it.

I forgot in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters there was a key
DisableTaskOffload set it to 0 finaly this with the other setting mention before will allow your CPU to Offload all the internet traffic to your ethernet card onboard if you have enabled the DMA. Finaly you can work your pc in internet with near to 0 cpu ussage and this is THE HUGE advandage.

The reason that i'm giving everything in PUBLIC is why i hope to help as many as i can to work in 1,28750 volts their CPU this way they will not spend large amoud of money for 'extreme' cooling systems that are only need it to eat more energy. I also hope to creat problems in energy corporations as well no we dont need more cores in our cpu simbly just becouse the programs, games are using my 4 cores are close to 0. Thanks
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 22, 2009 11:43:10 PM

ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 23, 2009 9:03:53 PM

*** Critical FOR error creating to your router ***

HUGE packet error creating source was the speed timing 1Gbit of ethernet cable linked to my router 2^ 32 errors on Upgoing packets no ***.

By deafult the ethernet driver was working 10Mbits/ps in full dublex and this is the reason that most of you don't get the speed you are paying for.

In order to verify in what speed your pc is linked to your router you must telnet to your router on 23 port and type (THOMSON TG585 v7):

{giatrakis}=>eth device iflist
Interface Type Result State
ethif1 auto 100BaseTFD UP [forwarding]
ethif2 auto Not connected UP [forwarding]
ethif3 auto Not connected UP [forwarding]
ethif4 auto Not connected UP [forwarding]
wlif1 UP [forwarding]

I tryed to 'overclock' the connection to 1 Gbit by changing the settings to the driver of the onboard 1 Gbit ethernet cart Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
(motherboard Ga-P35-dQ6) finaly after changing the nagotiatiation to start from 100Mbits and above i got stable speed at 100Mbits/ps to my ethernet cable with the THOMSON TG585 v7 but the setting to 1 Gbit to the driver full doublex was cousing the HUGE BURST of errors in the upgoing traffic.

Finaly THOMSON TG585 v7 can only work at 100Mbits/ps full doublex and after i set that all the errors are gone.

You can find the settings in the Control Panel/Device Manager/Network Adapter right click in there and see the advanced sector. If you have THOMSON TG585 v7 set it to 100Mbits full doublex it will work.

Mr OverClk: Oveclock means Nothing if you truing to get stability in the lowest possible volts for your cpu and deltails are making the BIG diffrence. If you dont have any settings to post in here that will make the difference please dont post in here.

And yes all these are related to the HEAT that is produced *WITHOUT A REASON* by your CPU i have intel's Stock cooler remeber?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 23, 2009 9:48:45 PM

haha you trying to give me lessons on overclocking?

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 24, 2009 12:53:35 AM

i'm trying to tell you if you dont have any settings to over dont post in here is waste of time.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 24, 2009 1:29:20 AM

In fact to be more specific i've sick and tired to read "i've synced in 22Mbits but my down loads are no more than 350++ KBytes/ps" couse i've synced in (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.020 / 14.364 and my down loads are 776KBytes/ps simbly just becouse i dont run my connection to my rooter in DEFAULT mode witch is 10Mbits/ps couse this is what you will get in the end no matter what SYNC are you seeing. and for the errors to Up loads i gave some modifications to the router that anyone can do and this will work for them without spending money to buy routers that the only advandage will offer is that their DEFAULT settings are better. In the end in here let's help these people to SYNC better and thing else. O yes did they toled you or you clame that the STOCK intel's cooler can do the JOB if you sibly change some settings in your registry or your system or your router. This way we all win.
a b å Intel
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
December 24, 2009 9:13:27 PM

I hate to be blunt, but what is the point to this thread?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 24, 2009 11:43:48 PM

Some random dude that drank 7 redbulls and decided to make a thread. I came in here when he was on his third post. Then I left and came back a few hours later and hew was on his eighth (never-ending) post. Funny heh? He went on a typing "binge" =)

hehe, he said "if you are not going to post anything that will make a difference" then leave... lol
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2009 12:15:25 AM

We are seeing the inner workings of someones MIND.....lol
I believe the op is trying to eliminate excess cpu processing in windows.]
Though I'm not sure what version.
Its a very BAD idea to start editing your registry.
I think most people understand this.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2009 1:16:49 PM

Notty22 No It is NOT a bad idea the Registry. This changes can work to Vista,2008,Win7 in fact win7 they have to default this changes i'm giving and this the only reason they do appered 'faster' than Vista. Some of these changes can work and to XP but i dont have the time right now to give modifications and for XP.

In linux you will find them in:

/proc/sys/net/core/
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2009 1:40:28 PM

a fast post

2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
SynAttackProtect=1 (Vista/2008/WIN7)

In Xp you must find the key TcpMaxConnectRetransmissions and set it in 2
is doing the same job but it has another key to value in there.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 25, 2009 9:45:48 PM

WHO is OUR Enemy in here ? The HEAT that is produced without a reason.

And when i say The ONLY reason that Win7 are appeared to be 'faster' than Vista are *ONLY* some DEFAUT settings in the REGISTRY of win7 i can prove it, let me give you some exaples:

above i have written:

3) Compound TCP - Improve throughput was *NOT* enabled By default I mean in Vista! Couse in windows 'server' 2008 ? WAS enabled by Default!?

WHAT EXACLY that setting was doing ? nothing serius turn this option on IN Vista can significantly increase throughput!!

2) TCP Chimney Offload was disable by default!? in vista couse in 2008 and win7 was enabled by default and it was set to 'automatic' mode.

What exacly was doing that setting ? Nothing serius just offloads all the traffic control of internet to the Ethernet Card and enabling better overall system performance by freeing up CPU time for other tasks.

In the end win7 and 2008 what do they offer ? NOTRHING else exept better DEFAULT settings TRUST me.

In the end i'm pissed with MICROSOFT, With Intel and i will expose them so badly just let me find more time. And if you wand REALLY to help in that direction do post else DONT POST in here i dont have time for chit chat about who who ok ?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 4, 2010 9:24:07 PM

***************** Major alert to anyone *****************

Before the interruption of some pleople that they tryed to move the subject out of topic in here i was focus to elimininate execive ? No the CPU ussage (heat) wihtout a reason couse Direct Memory Access to I/O cards is known from win 95, that old, i was forced to turn this to a 'combat' betwin M$ 'operating' systems. Finaly Vista, win7 and 2008 are for the TRUSH why ? let me prove it to you:

I started to thinking about 1 Gbit router and after a search i choose CAT 6 SFTP cable to make my connection futureprove! I mean it can run UP to 500Mhz the band betwin 14 Mhz and 400 Mhz is used for 10Gbit connections. The Rj45 jacks at the market here in greece can oiperate in 250 Mhz but the 500 Mhz jacks are on the way and finaly the 500Mhz in a cable like that it will sone be possible beatifull ha ? SO WHERE IS THE PROBLEM? The RWIN! In order to work in 1 Gibit (250Mhz Rj45) already i need an rwin for a 1 Gbit connecton With the auto tuning set to disabled couse it was screwing arround my settings the rwin was USING the 'defaut' value of 65535 and this cant *NOT* be changable in Vista, Win7, 2008. Only in XP i can do that!? So what the point to dream 1 Gbit and 10 Gbit connections with M$ to auto-f***** arround with the rwin ? couse even with the 'experimental' use to auto tunning is impossible to get 1 Gbit Rwin in these 'Operating $ystems' also ? 65535 raw i hade already in windows 95.

So this is major alert to anyone are you dream 1Gbit and 10Gbit connections ? or are you ready to buy 1 Gbits routers and cables ?

RETURN TO XP AND LINUX.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 4, 2010 9:47:15 PM

I'm gonna move the subject 1 Gbit, 10 Gbit or 24 Mbits RWIN to another theat if i find the time for what do you think about the title "the featureproof connections" and O$ystems? in th end long live LINUX. hahahahahahah M$ lamers.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 5, 2010 9:01:12 PM

Out of topic But very important CAT 6 sftp but what cat 6 sftp?

The 4 twisted pairs cables are shielded with aluminium and aluminium is used to cover them by outside you find it nice ? i dont so where is the problem? from corporation to corporation you will see that some of them they use drain wires inside why? Aluminium if it get alote or electro magnetic waves it start to charge with mVolts and the drain wire is used to move away these electrical changes. if the drain wire is missing then the NOISE level will go HIGH UP when you pass the 300 Mhz!!

Ι'm reporting this in here couse i've seen some CAT 6a SFTP buldup from one corporation without DRAIN wire so the clames that it can work UP to 500Mhz is huge lie fanaly in the end you must search very good before you buy and better cat the cable to see what's inside! Ask to buy it witout the rj45 in the end to see does it has DRAIN wires inside or not? i some cat 6 sftp build ups i've seen 2 drain wires or 1 in the midle thesw will do the job others will not even work well even in 1 Ghz.

Sorry finaly i'm gonna move the subject in other report threat in more detailes couse it HUGE when i'll find the time.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2010 1:52:35 AM

why to spend time to creat another Threat about the 'right' cable issue ? it seems to me that the 'poor' polyethnic corporations they don't know hot to fix a cable ? I will help them out:

whell take CAT 6 utp cable, remove the skin out paint the polyethilenium cross with Aluminum-oxide paind (this was all the electromagnetical waves created by the cables will relfect and you will take 0 crosstalkin) cover the skin with a net and paint the skin with Aluminium-oxide paint (this will allow the electromagnetic waves to get out of the cable from the openings that will be created but it will block all the electromagnetic waves to get inside the cable) that was it put them all back on.

it works....
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2010 7:55:09 AM

I have a feeling that by caring about making all these changes I would not be using my PC productively, in which case I'm wasting power and would be better to simply turn it off. A PC that is off produces no heat. I think that's a great way of solving this problem.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2010 10:06:46 AM

I dont talk about what you can do in your pc. i talk about how they fix the dame cables:

let me give you en example:

http://www.fanton.com/allegati/listinicataloghi/en/cata...

is the product catalog of fanton corporation see the S/STP CAT. 7 CABLES
Only in that cable they did 'discover' to use a net of alunimum as 'outside shield' reduces the niose level alote and they use 1 drain wire to remove the charges from the twisted pair cables that are cover with aluminum.

This corporation havent discover yet that covering with aluminum the twisted pairs is truping the electromagnetic waves inside the twristed pairs. They wait to make this BRAKE throut discovering later.... So you will need to buy this cable to work now and you will MUST buy another cable to work later when your connection with your router will need speed sbove 10 Gbits... In the end are yoy happy with the way that they treat you ? I'm not.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2010 10:24:35 AM

I don't usually think I need to be happy about how businesses treat me. Their obligation is to boost revenue for their shareholders, not to make me happy.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2010 10:29:22 AM

This is Tom's hardware before you post something do think about will my post will help the others? if not don't post in here.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2010 10:37:34 AM

You asked a question, I answered. If you didn't want me to respond you shouldn't have asked me a question (or you should have stated that it was rhetorical).
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2010 10:43:35 AM

You maybe right i rest my case.

I just gave some exaples in order to help pleople to understund how and why the niose level is reduced better in that cable and to the other cables not yet.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2010 10:45:17 AM

My original post was more in reference to the rest of the thread than just the post before it.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2010 4:55:19 PM

lol, first time I have seen a Poster where the OP tells the Moderator what to do....
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 8, 2010 4:16:43 PM

As i sayed in prive messages i dont have time to argue in forums and this is gonna help noone. In case you wand me to be more specific if you need to work in 1 Gbit connection with your router in full speed you must set the RWIN above 1022208 and this is NOT possible with the Automatic tuning Enabled in experimental or of. This is why namy people in forums are having better speeds from XP to XP and linux to linux than vista, win7 and 2008.

About cables ? All sftp cables are having problems to 300Mhz and above and the problem is the electromagnetic field trupped inside in small twisted pair dimentions if they need to eliminite the crosstalk inside to a cat 6 it can be done with aluminum oxide paint on the polythylenium cross and this will give more room to bandwidth but this is atnother story forgive me if i carryed away....
a b å Intel
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
January 9, 2010 11:24:50 AM

This particular forum is Overclocking:Intel. Your title was something about reducing heat. Your last post was something about gigabit ethernet. Relevance?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 11, 2010 4:36:25 AM

I'm getting a headache. :D 
a b å Intel
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
January 13, 2010 10:13:11 AM

randomizer, it may be time to pull the plug on this thread.
January 18, 2010 2:37:51 AM

lol
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 18, 2010 2:41:05 AM

Well it's not breaking the ToS. Best just to let it slide away into the depths of the database.
!