Sign in with
Your question

Part 2 AGP Test with Dual Core AMD?

Last response: in Toms Network
November 12, 2008 1:31:00 PM

Hey, are you guys planning on doing this?
I'd like to upgrade to the hd3850 in the review and would like to see the gains with my Opteron 170 and this card compared to my Nvidia 6800. THanks, Paul
December 23, 2008 1:18:41 AM

There will probably not be a part two due to Vista fighting with the AGP driver on the ULi M1567 Chipset.
I ran a few benchmarks comparing single core and dual core CPU's with an Opteron 180 2.4GHz CPU and a HD3850 AGP on my website. My website is based on the myth of AGP bandwidth as well as the AGP bottleneck myth.
http://www.agpbattleground.com

In the future I will be adding a few more games such as Mass Effect, Tomb Raider Underworld, Crysis, Lost Planet, Bioshock. and dead space if I can get them to run on a 64bit OS and get Mass Effect to stop the stupid SecuROM crap.
Also I'm planing on running benchmarks with a Dual core vs Quad core with an HD3850 AGP as well as a HD3850 PCI-E. But as of right now, I'm I little short on currency to cover the cost of a Quad core CPU.
December 23, 2008 3:03:16 AM

Well I went and ordered the Sapphire 3850AGP from Newegg. Thanks for the comparison, it's pretty much right on the same field as the PCI-E offering
Related resources
!