Underclocking issue with ASUS M2N-MX SE Plus

Fragrag

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2008
Yes, I have a ASUS M2N-MX SE Plus, yes I do have an AMD 6000+. I'm aware of the trouble these two have and I swear I'll do my research better next time. Instead of buying a beefier motherboard, I've resorted to underclocking. Only problem is, I can't. The manual tells me to change it in BIOS where I can change it under "AMD Overclocking Configuration" under CPU Configuration. Only problem is, I can't find that anywhere.

I'm desperate because this seems to be the fix for my trouble after two days of heavy troubleshooting and googling and now I'm stopped by this simple step! =(

crhustle

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
In your BIOS go to advance the select manual you will see a way to change your bus speed. just lower it and it will lower your core clock speed.

if you have anymore issues just PM me and I can walk you through it.

blackbird307

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Frag Rag, I have the same board as you and i'm having a few problems of my own too.

I have a 5200+ i'm not sure if I need to under clock either.

ASUS makes it impossible to edit the bios.

Fragrag

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2008
Ok, I have it fixed. You're having the same problem as I am with underclocking, namely not finding AMD Overclocking Configuration in BIOS? Apparently ASUS removed it in the newer versions of the BIOS, which I absolutely do not understand at all and only made fixing this a complete hassle.

To fix it, you have to roll back your BIOS. ASUSUpdate won't flash a BIOS that's older than your version so you have to download the BIOS ROM yourself from ASUS' site. I'm using 0209. You rename that file to M2PLUSSE.ROM and burn it to a floppy or CDROM.

Restart your computer and press ALT+F2 during POST, this will flash your BIOS from your CD or floppy.

G

Thank you for the great thread. I too have an ASUS M2N-MX SE Plus with an AMD 6000+.
I have two questions:
1) What is the issue you are attempting to solve with the underclocking?
2) How MUCH did you underclock to resolve your issue?