Reinstall Windows XP with only Toshiba Product Recovery DVD

Haesler

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Hello,
Dear Sirs,

I wonder whether you can help me with the safety saving windows and concomitant programs set-up CD-ROM for my Satellite M30X computer; unfortunately the copy that I apparently acquired with the Satellite M30X has got irretrievably lost. I am afraid I desperately need it in order to start my computer, which shows only a screen with MS-DOS options, none of which gets the computer started. From the two CD-ROMs (Tools & Utilities and Additional Software CD) I took the PMR400204EU0 number for reference, in the hope that you will be able to help me to operate my computer again.

Please be kind enough to send me a - hopefully positive - reply at your early convenience.

Yours, truly Thomas Haesler

Have you tried booting the laptop with SafeMode? What comes up on the screen you see?

If you can't get the laptop started again, you can order a recovery CD from Toshiba or get a XP OEM disk and install it yourself using the code that should be on the laptop or find a disk online using a web search. Unfortunately most sites offering restore disks are either shady or want money for it just like Tohiba would.