welchs101

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
I have two questions:

I am enclosing to help explain my question.

msconfig_picture1.jpg

Question1) If you look at the figure........when i run my "msconfig" i have an entry that is not labeled........has anyone everyseen this? How do i find out what is getting loaded?

question2) You can see that i have disabled many items that were loading at startup.........after i disable them why do they still stay there? IS there something else i should be removing ..........a friend suggested something about a "service". Not sure whats going on and what to do.

1. I've seen this before and it can be legitimate. I don't know what it is because you don't have the "location" field widened enought to read it.

2. Unchecking them only prevents them from loading. It does not uninstall them. To remove them the correct way, you will need to uninstall the program that created that entry. You could delete those registry entries to remove them from the list, but the actual program that created them will still be installed and removing the entry could harm the program if it's actually something you use.