Where has "My Computer" desktop icon gone?

September 5, 2005 4:07:02 PM

The "My Computer" and "My Documents" icons have mysteriously disappeared from
my desktop. I have created shortcuts to them instead, but I would still like
to know how to get the real thing back (and why did they go anyway?)

Thanks

More about : computer desktop icon

September 5, 2005 5:13:37 PM

Francois wrote:

> The "My Computer" and "My Documents" icons have mysteriously
> disappeared from
> my desktop. I have created shortcuts to them instead, but I would
> still like to know how to get the real thing back (and why did they go
> anyway?)
>
> Thanks

I don't know why they disappeared. Maybe you reset the Theme to the
default Windows. In any case, right-click on an empty area of the
Desktop and then left-click on Properties. Go to the Desktop tab and
click on the Customize Desktop button. Choose the icons you want to
have appear on the Desktop, Apply and OK out.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Ah ha! All sorted now. Thanks you very much Malke.

Francois

"Malke" wrote:

> Francois wrote:
>
> > The "My Computer" and "My Documents" icons have mysteriously
> > disappeared from
> > my desktop. I have created shortcuts to them instead, but I would
> > still like to know how to get the real thing back (and why did they go
> > anyway?)
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I don't know why they disappeared. Maybe you reset the Theme to the
> default Windows. In any case, right-click on an empty area of the
> Desktop and then left-click on Properties. Go to the Desktop tab and
> click on the Customize Desktop button. Choose the icons you want to
> have appear on the Desktop, Apply and OK out.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

September 5, 2005 8:30:58 PM

Francois wrote:

> Ah ha! All sorted now. Thanks you very much Malke.
>
> Francois

Any time, Francois. Happy to have helped.

Malke
--
!