Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Why so low.....

Tags:
  • Memory
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
Share
December 2, 2009 6:16:14 PM

Guys this is the ram i got

OCZ Platinum AM3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C7 1333MHz Dual Channel

cpu-z and amd overdrive says its running at 533mhz isnt it suppose to run at 1333mhz ??

More about : low

a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
December 2, 2009 6:43:05 PM

533 = 1066Mhz, meaning you need to raise the DRAM frequency up a notch .... You have to manually go into the bios and change the value. Did you set the correct timings and voltages as well?
December 2, 2009 6:52:18 PM

OvrClkr said:
533 = 1066Mhz, meaning you need to raise the DRAM frequency up a notch .... You have to manually go into the bios and change the value. Did you set the correct timings and voltages as well?


oh I get it so when it says 1333mhz it mean each memory stick will run at 666mhz and when you multipy that by 2 memory sticks you get 1333mhz.

and what do you mean when you say DRAM because the only way I kno to oc memory is to raise HT bus/FSB or change the ratio thing.

Im assuming the timings ad voltages are auto meaning correct
Related resources
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
December 2, 2009 7:12:46 PM

K1ash3r said:
oh I get it so when it says 1333mhz it mean each memory stick will run at 666mhz and when you multipy that by 2 memory sticks you get 1333mhz.

and what do you mean when you say DRAM because the only way I kno to oc memory is to raise HT bus/FSB or change the ratio thing.

Im assuming the timings ad voltages are auto meaning correct


Not quite, you need to set the frequency to 666Mhz, in turn that is 1333Mhz DDR.

For example, here you see the frequency at 450Mhz so that tells you that it is actually 900Mhz DDR.



On a side note : You have to manually adjust the timings and voltage for a stable system, you cannot just leave it on auto. I looked up your Ram and this is what you need to set to :

CL 7-7-7-20 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TR) and then make sure that the voltage is at 1.8v
December 2, 2009 7:33:45 PM

OvrClkr said:
Not quite, you need to set the frequency to 666Mhz, in turn that is 1333Mhz DDR.

For example, here you see the frequency at 450Mhz so that tells you that it is actually 900Mhz DDR.

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv199/OvrClkr/1066-1.jpg

On a side note : You have to manually adjust the timings and voltage for a stable system, you cannot just leave it on auto. I looked up your Ram and this is what you need to set to :

CL 7-7-7-20 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TR) and then make sure that the voltage is at 1.8v


I dont know if I made my self clear but thats what i meant so to get my frequancy to 666mhz id have to adjust my HT bus:D RAM ratio or just raise my HT bus a bit

ill check my ram settings tomorrow , im a bit busy atm ill get back to you if i need some more help, thanks
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
December 2, 2009 7:41:12 PM

K1ash3r said:
I dont know if I made my self clear but thats what i meant so to get my frequancy to 666mhz id have to adjust my HT bus:D RAM ratio or just raise my HT bus a bit

ill check my ram settings tomorrow , im a bit busy atm ill get back to you if i need some more help, thanks


niether, look at this screen and you will see what I mean :



you see where it says 400/533/667/800 ?? well change the frequency from 533 to 667 and the voltage from auto to 1.8v. Also the timings have to be changed from auto to 7-7-7-20.

December 2, 2009 7:48:33 PM

oh well that must be some high end mobo with a special section in bios for overclocking. Ill give it a dry and see if i can do that to my because all I notice in my bios is this Memory Clock: x5.23 (I think) 1066mhz
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
December 2, 2009 7:54:27 PM

what board do you have? The Bios pictures I posted are for the Asus 785g EVO, a basic 99.99 dollar board.
December 2, 2009 8:26:32 PM

Gigabye MA790XT UD4P
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
December 2, 2009 8:44:38 PM

That is IF you want to overclock the RAM, in this case you just want the ram to run at it's rated speed. No need to touch the HT bus or FSB for anything, first make sure you set all your values correctly in the bios and then you can make any other necessary changes.....
December 2, 2009 10:31:24 PM

I didnt say anything about raising the HT bus/FSB. I might just have to adjust the ratio
for example if the ratio of HT bus to DRAM is 1:2 lets say 200mhz:400mhz(800mhz) I would have to adjust the ratio to 1:3 if i wanted to get my ram at 600mhz(1200mhz). I didnt do anything to HT bus/FSB. but of coures before i do that ill set my timings and voltage correctly
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
December 2, 2009 11:42:50 PM

The ratio is adjusted automatically after you raise your DRAM frequency, you can do it either way... I was just giving you an example.
!