Power supply blew up?

G

Hi, i recently bought a recertified 680I sli board. And i loved it for about 10 minutes until my powersupply turned off and started clicking.

I had an asus p5 board and it was terrible so i decided to ouste it and get a decent motherboard for the future, I put all the origional parts back in my pc CPU Graphics and memory hdd's .etc... i went to reformat my hdd.. so i rebooted my computer and it wouldnt turn back on. The LED display on my powersupply stopped and i heard a clicking noise comeing from the box itself. i quickly unhooked it and prayed my system wasnt fryed... im just baffled because.. my powersupply was a Magnum 600w external powersupply with dedicated 2 rails, and my system was only pulling 124wats... i remember as soon as i put my pc together i checked the voltages.. and i noticed everything was good except one of the 12v lines i cant remember what it said but i realised it was kinda low..

my system is 680I sli board, 8600gts, pny 800mhz ddr2 800 running at 4-4-4-12. intel E4300 1.8

my psu is here http://www.devhardware.com/c/a/Power-Supply-Units/XG-Magnum-External-600w-PSU/

it worked great! until the transformer or whatever decided to do the click of death

I would rma the ps and try another one. Almost any power supply will get your board to do a bare post (cpu/heatsink, one memory stick, and video). Just be sure the power supply connection to the video card is correct (if required). Newegg has a thermaltake 430w for $11 after rebate today only; they had an antec 550w but it sold out.