Sign in with
Your question

OC with water cooling

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
December 3, 2009 4:19:08 AM

just put in a bigwater 760i with gpu waterblock gettin 40c idle then 60-70 load for amd2 6000..i would like 2 overclock a bit was wondering if temps are 2 high and if taking out my gpu waterblock in the loop would effect my cpu temp. to get it a bit cooler thx.....video card is 4870 if it matters

More about : water cooling

a c 86 K Overclocking
December 3, 2009 4:40:56 AM

What are your ambient room temps. What case do you have. What is your CPU voltages? What fans do you have on the rad? What is the layout of your loop?

Yes it matters.

Sorry you got a bigwater, look at the watrcoolling solved post above your post.

You got too little rad, a weak pump, a GPU in a weak loop.

Your rad is WAY to small for the GPU and CPU. What do you know about heat load (what your parts make for heat) and what your rad can dissipate in your present setup?

Lots to learn, looks like you got a major replacement budget to deal with.

m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
December 3, 2009 5:02:07 AM

i havnt oc yet so voltage is at stock 14.4 i think...

new case nzxt tempest...

room temp is rather warm dont know exact temp...

loop is form rad to cpu to gpu i switched it around didnt make a difference much...

i dont kno "heat load" and i am new to overclocking and i understand i have alot 2 learn

thx for the response im sure its a bit annoying when nubs come and ask questions without the full information needed.

i basically want 2 get my 6000 to 3.4 or as close to it as possible its my first attempt 2 overclock gotta start somewhere

so basically ur sayin take out gpu in loop cause i dont c a difference at all comparin that with the fan that was on it
m
l
Related resources
a c 86 K Overclocking
December 3, 2009 5:27:47 AM

What I am really saying is I wish you would of done your homework before buying that pile of junk. You are a noob and came in with no information. It's not your fault really, lots see the quick fix TT is supposed to give. It doesn't. Took me THREE months before I bought my first WC part.

And spelling if your from the USA does matter. As does punctuation. This ain't twitter.

Please start with the 'watercooled solved' link at the top of this forum, you got a ton to learn.
m
l
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
December 3, 2009 5:50:58 AM

Conumdrum said:
What I am really saying is I wish you would of done your homework before buying that pile of junk. You are a noob and came in with no information. It's not your fault really, lots see the quick fix TT is supposed to give. It doesn't. Took me THREE months before I bought my first WC part.

And spelling if your from the USA does matter. As does punctuation. This ain't twitter.

Please start with the 'watercooled solved' link at the top of this forum, you got a ton to learn.

i came here with a simple question and dont need to be lectured on my punctuation or spelling. if your not going to post any useful information, dont post at all plox. i could care less if it takes you a second or 2 longer to sound out some abbreviated wrds.
m
l
a c 126 K Overclocking
December 3, 2009 7:20:30 AM

Look what he's saying is that you didn't do your homework/research before buying a watercooling system, now you've got a crappy bigwater 760i, So you have a few options.

1. Forget Overclocking and just leave your computer as it is.

2. Get rid of your bigwater 760i, do some research and buy decent watercooling components.

3. If you haven't got the money for the second option, but still want to overclock then get rid of your bigwater and do some research of good air cooling for your CPU, then go from there.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
December 3, 2009 1:20:14 PM

^+1000 for above post & conumdrum. LISTEN TO HIM!
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
December 3, 2009 4:19:51 PM

'I bought crap and came here to complain, but I don't want to listen to anyone's advice and act like I am 8.'

If you want respect, give it first.
m
l
December 4, 2009 7:11:27 AM

Shadow703793 said:
^+1000 for above post & conumdrum. LISTEN TO HIM!

I would like to give an additional +1000. That post made me laugh and got the point across well.
m
l
a c 126 K Overclocking
December 4, 2009 8:42:19 AM

N'awww, thanks guys. I feel honored :L

Love to know what the OP decided to do........
m
l
December 4, 2009 2:17:21 PM

Lots of research needed before you make the jump into water cooling. Good air is better than a WC kit, but a good custom loop will make a world of difference. As was said before read the link at the top of this forum.
m
l
!