Fatality An8 Sli / crossfired?

homey33

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
Hi All,

I was wondering if 2 ATI Radeonx 850xt crossfired would work on a Fatality An8 Sli? right now one card works fine! and the 2nd one is on it's way or was it a waste of money to get it working on this mobo?

Thanks

Your ABIT MB is SLI capable, not Crossfire capable using two ATI video cards in Crossfire configuration. So, no you can not Crossfire two Radeon 850xt's on a Nvidia SLI MB.

Yeah doesn't seem like a good idea. I believe there is a file in the nForce MB driver that prevents crossfire. You're going to have to scour the net for Hacks to make it work. It can work, just now with official drivers as far as I know.

HVDynamo

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
yea, the two companies don't play well with each other, SLI is an Nvidia term and Crossfire is an ATI term, they cannot be mixed (except for the few hacks that might work, but there are no guarantees ). A hint of advice though when upgrading your system, research these types of things before you order something. Doing that can save a lot of headache and money, especially in the computer world where everything is always changing.